"I can't escape it." Lauren admitted quietly. "It's like I'm back every time I close my eyes."

Normani stayed silent, thinking about a way to help her girlfriends best friend and Sergeant. "Why don't we just try to get your mind off of it? We'll get everyone and we'll find something fun to do."

Lauren slightly smiled at the girls effort. "Thank you, Mani."

_____________

Dinah and Lauren reluctantly gave into going to Church. They were asked to be the honorary guests that morning, and even had to wear their official uniform. Dinah loved the attention again but Lauren realized that everyone in the small town blocked out the fact that they had killed several people to survive in order to be there today.

As much as it should have angered her, Lauren kept her cool. Especially since several girls were throwing themselves onto the Sergeant, claiming that uniforms were 'Sexy', proving the nickname that everyone gave her was indeed real.

"That was the longest hour and a half of my life," Louis rubbed his temples as they exited the Church. "You would think that after twenty years of doing it every Sunday you'd be used to it, but nope."

Lauren chuckled out, thinking of how much Louis reminded her of Harry.

"I heard the race track is closed today," Louis smirked between the green eyed girl and Dinah.

"You heard correct" Troy joined them as well, walking to the car. "My Uncle owns the place and he lets us use some of the cars when no one else is on the track." He informed Lauren, getting Dinah exited at the memories from when they were back in high school.

"Good, Lauren here is pro at fixing up cars and racing them too." Dinah bragged.

"It was one time, Hansen." Lauren chuckled out, "I was just lucky."

"Maybe you can get lucky again today," Ariana passed their group, smirking as she walked to the car with the rest of the girls. "We'll meet you guys at the track in half an hour."

The two groups entered their cars, driving separate ways. The all girl group including Normani, Ari, Hailee, Zendaya, Ally, and Camila claimed to run some errands before heading to their day on the track. Troy, Louis, Dinah, and Lauren, all headed straight there but was met with two more unknown faces.

"Hey," Troy picked up the shorter brunette as he hugged her tightly. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you and what better way to do that than showing up at the place where we grew up?" The girl smiled before taking notice in the rest of them. "Whoa Troy, what did you do now?" She joked seeing the two girls in uniform still.

"Guys, this is Maia. Ally's cousin and my best friend. She lives in Atlanta now." Troy introduced the girl. "Maia, that is Dinah Jane, Normani's girlfriend. And next to her is Lauren Jauregui, the Sergeant of her squad in the Marines."

"Wow, pleasure to meet both of you." Maia smiled and shook the girls hands before hugging Louis who she'd met years before. "Over there is my workaholic boyfriend," She pointed at the man in a business suit, talking furiously on the phone. "His name is Austin."

After they walked towards the gates of the track, Troy successfully unlocked it while the other group finally arrived. They had bags that included food and helmets, and some stacks of clothes.

Everyone greeted each other again while Lauren was taken on a one-on-one walking tour led by Maia.

"And last but not least here is our most prized possession." The girl lifted up the last garage, revealing a 1969 black Mustang. "She's a beauty, if you ask me."