Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

"Again, thank you for this wonderful night, Catrin..." Lowell said as he stopped the car in front of their house.

"I also enjoyed this night," she uttered in her sincered smile and then she gets out of the car as he did as well.

Lowell held her hand and kissed it. "Ummn, I'm thinking...if we could possibly," he paused. How should I tell her that I wanted to court her? Oh, please give me the right words to use.

"Possibly what?" Catrin asked, curious. Is he going to ask me to make things real? Will he?

"Catrin..." he softly spoke, looking at her tempting lips. He smoothly brushed his fingers to her face as he slowly leaning down to meet her lips. "You're the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen tonight..."

Oh my! Is he going to kiss me? Am I ready for this? She started to feel nervous.

She wanted to run but again...her feet are betraying her.

He was almost going to touch her lips when they both heard coughs at the gate.

"Raffy?" Catrin abruptly said.

"Penelope?" Lowell abruptly said.

"It's late," Raffy said to his sister, sounded like an older brother as he controlling his laughter.

"Too fast for a kiss, Lowell..." Penelope shamelessly uttered in crossed arms to her chest.

"Penelope!" Catrin bawled in embarrassment.

Lowell felt stiffened on that. "...again, thank you for coming to my parents party. See you at the office." He told after a while.

Catrin smiled. "Goodnight. And please drive safe." She told with a firm smile on her face.

Lowell nodded. "I will..." he kissed her on the cheek then went inside his car.

"HE KISSED YOU?!!" Penelope blurted out in surprise after Lowell finally left.

"What are you doing here? It's late! You should go home!" Catrin told to Penelope as she goes inside the house. Damn Raffy and Penelope! I'm almost there! His lips almost there to kiss me!

Raffy and Penelope laughed, rolled their eyes.

"If we weren't able to stop him, you might already melt out into his arms and who knows...you two might end up making love inside his car and in front of our house." Raffy teased.

"Damn it!" Catrin furiously looked at her brother. "As if I will let that happened?!"

"Well, who knows..." Penelope commented.

Catrin gritted her teeth in disbelief. She has no power to compete with her brother and best friend, right now. "I hate you both! I'm almost there to get my first kiss! But you two interrupt!" she hissed then run to her room, disappointed.

The two left shocked to what they heard and laughed out loud.

I really hate you both!! Catrin shouted in her mind.

"I must do it right. Do the right thing." Lowell said to himself while driving back home. He smiled.

I should take it slow and prove to her that I am sincere.