Prologue

PROLOGUE

Year 2000

"Good morning class" the 4th year section one adviser said when she entered the classroom.

"Good morning Madam Santos!" the students stand up and greeted her back.

"Okay, okay, go back to your seats..." Madam Santos said. "We have a new transferee student, though it's already in our 2nd grading period of this school year," Then she looked at the door and called the new student to come in.

And a male student entered the classroom and stand beside his new adviser.

"This is Lowell Sy, your new classmate. Please be friendly and kind to him." The adviser told. "Lowell, please introduce yourself and greet your new classmates."

Lowell a bit bowed his head. "Hi, I'm Lowell Sy, a transferee from St. Anthony Academy in Dasmarinas." he introduced himself and then simply smiled to all.

"Okay then, there still a vacant sit at the back, you may take that." The adviser instructed and the latter obeyed.

***

RECESS TIME at 10am

"So, it's him, that Raffy telling me last night." Catrin murmured to her bestfriend Penelope. " Should we talk to him?" she murmured again as they noticed that they were the only three left in the classroom.

Her brother Raffy told her last night that they will have a new classmate and he is damn cute. He even sure that this new student will gonna be the new campus heartthrob.

"I think, we should?" Penelope replied unsure.

"But how? I don't think, I can't do talk to him..." she said making glances to their new male classmate. Oh my! Raffy's right! He's really cute! NO! He's not cute, he's droppingly gorgeous! She corrected at the back of her mind.

"Oh my! I think we look like nerds here in the corner of our classroom and murmuring to each other." Penelope patted her forehead. "OH GOSH!"

On the other side - Lowell's POV

"What does those girls talking there?" Lowell talk to himself as he making himself busy, browsing his new books, noticing the two girls keep murmuring on each other at the front corner of their classroom. "Are they talking about me?" he stretches his neck left to right. He sighed. As always!

****

After class, Catrin and Penelope usually get straight home as they have their school service to send them off home.

"I think I have a crush on him! I have a crush on Lowell." Catrin whispered to Penelope as they are approaching the gate.

"What?!" Penelope shouted, turning a looked on her best friend.

"Shhhhhh!!" Catrin abruptly covered her best friend's mouth. "Quiet!"

Penelope got surprised to what her friend did and rolled her eyes, just to get herself surprised that Lowell is actually at their back.

"He's at the back, our back!" Penelope murmured and composed herself.

Catrin looked at her back and get startled. OH MY!! Lowell is on my back!

Lowell noticed her and smiled at her. And she shyly smiled back at him.

"He smiled at me!" Catrin whispered to her friend, giggling. "My heart stops to beat Pen!"

Penelope gritted her teeth. "Come on! Our school service is there!" she pulled-out Catrin fast, up to the school gate, half running.

"What the?!" Catrin shouted.