We exchanged small talk as we talked about the project. We finally got to his house as he opened the door and beckoned me in. Mark closed the door and locked it as he made his way to the kitchen, grabbing a carton of milk. 

"Alright, let's get this started." I nodded as I grabbed the plant and the carton of milk. I made a deep hole into the soil as I placed the seed in there. Then I covered it up with the soil as I poured the milk on top of it. I set the plant near the window as I sat back down on the bed. "Alright, now we just take notes on what we see. If I'm not here, please make sure to give it milk. I will text you every morning if I have to." he chuckled and pulled me close to him. Giving me a little peck on the nose "I understand Clover, don't worry." Mark reassured. 

After an hour of finishing other subject's homework we we're finally done! I sighed in relief as I closed my textbook. I put away my stuff as I took a glance at the plant, nothing yet, but that was sure to be expected since we just started today. I placed my bag on the side of the room as I laid on the bed. Taking out my phone and scrolling through Facebook. After ten minutes or so just laying, Mark was done and joined me. He wrapped his arms around my waist protectively and rested his chin on my shoulder. 

Smiling, I kissed him on the cheek and snuggled up next to him. After ten minutes or so I heard soft snores emerging from him. I smiled as I kissed his cheek, murmuring an 'I love you' before going back to my phone. Countless minutes scrolling through social medias I got a text message from a private number. Shrugging I clicked on the notification. 

???: Hello, some time, no see? 

Jack: Who is this? 

???: Now, now, Sean, that's no way to greet your father after your despicable mother took you kids away from me. 

My heart stopped, my vision blurred as my blood ran cold. No, I changed my number, how did he...? This was some type of sick joke, right? No... Sam would never do something like this, we experienced the same Hell with him, none of us would do such a criminal thing. 

Jack: How did you get my number? 

Mr. McLoughlin: You're my son, why wouldn't I know your number? 

Jack: Because I changed it once we left you. 

Mr. McLoughlin: You should be ashamed of yourself boy. 

Jack: Why should I? If anything you should be ashamed of yourself on how you treated your family! 

Mr. McLoughlin: Don't temper me Sean. 

Jack: Leave me alone, I'm finally happy where I am. I finally have a good life, you're not destroying it. 

Mr. McLoughlin: Is that a challenge kid? I can surely make your life a living hell. 

Jack: You already did. 

Mr. McLoughlin: Can't wait to see your bitch ass again. 

I bit my lip as I didn't respond back, that couldn't be him, right?  He can't see me right? Thoughts whirled out of control as I started to have a panic attack. What if I do see him again? What about Mark? I still haven't told him about my past, or anything to relate with my dad. It's been almost four months and he just now decided to make an appearance?

I can't think too much of it! I don't want to wake up Mark, he'll ask why I'm so jumpy. And I hate lying to him. I took deep breaths as I put my phone on silent, snuggling up to Mark as I rested my head on his chest. As he subconsciously wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me protectively. 

Dammit, he's so amazing and I love him for it. I didn't want to think much of it, of the texting. It will bring to many problems. But it leads me to think, should I tell Ma? I mean, in the first time in forever we are actually a happy family. She has a great job and I'm always there to help. Me and Sam have things we need and even freedom. Things really started to look better for us. 

It's like we finally found the sun after it was clouded by all the storms and thunderclouds. Everything finally felt... Right. Everything, Sam's happy, Ma's happy, even I'm happy. My thoughts were broken as I felt Mark nuzzle into the crook of my neck, sighing in content as he did so. I blushed as my smile grew wider.

 It's times, times like this one that reality is finally better than my dreams. 

A/N: Well, I'm bringing this back! Sorry for not updating for like... a month? Writer's block hit me like a bitch and then in real life issues just went for the Falcon punch. But, I'm happy to say I'm going to try to keep this updated for now on! But yes, I am back, I saw comments on my last A/N saying they want more or they want this to continue. Which, I will mention, feels amazing! That people really like my writing and books! It really means a lot that people comment, vote and share this. And my laptop is about to die! Great! Alright guys, here is the first chapter in a month! Enjoy! 

~Leah Out