2

|| Ashton's dimples were adorably deep.

Luke was actually impressed on Ashton's strategy of playing football. It was interesting to him; whenever he received the ball, his legs would immediately travel to Lukes' team's net and he'd either pass the ball to one of his teammates or actually attempt putting a goal in. In the last few minutes, he shot a goal and that goal was the winning point. His teammates shot his body up into the air like a fish coming out of water and cheered his name like they won the World Cup or something. Luke saw that Ashton's cheeks were pink and his smile outstretched to his ears.

Luke liked seeing Ashton smile like that.

Michael noticed Luke staring in awe at Ashton. He knew it was bad; what his friend was doing. Michael knew Luke was beginning to fall hard. Michael didn't like that.

"C'mon, Luke." Michael pressured the tall blonde boy. Luke, being the child he was, was difficult to pull away from the scene. His pretty blue eyes were just glued to that damn boy and Michael was already sick of it.

Michael shoved Luke inside the locker rooms. No one was in there so they could converse in private for a few moments.

"What?" Luke said stubbornly, crossing his arms. Michael laughed humorlessly.

"Are you fucking with me, mate?" Michael stated and he tapped his foot impatiently. "I know what you're doing. I don't want you to get hurt or even hurt him." Michael pointed to the door leading to the gym where there were still the noises of happy cheers and Ashton's name.

"I don't like him like that, asscrack." Luke close to shouted at him. Michael refused to back down. His friend was now swimming in the oblivion of developing a crush.

"Don't be fucking dumb." Michael retorted, puckering his lips to a line before going on with his statement. "I know exactly what happens and when it starts. It's going to be a whole grenade explosion in your face once you realize it." Luke furrowed his eyebrows and they both had a stare-off. That was until the door coming from the gymnasium opened, revealing Ashton, Calum, and a bunch of other guys.

Ashton was mute, traveling to his own small bag. His eyes bounced excitedly at the game he just played in. All the adrenaline was still flowing through his blood. His cheeks were flushed from both the sudden workout, heat, and strain.

Luke watched the smaller boy discreetly and Michael punched his arm hard enough for him to revert his gaze.

"I don't like him." Luke hissed at his best friend. He took his bag and in his gym clothes, he left the locker rooms. He slammed the door behind him and Michael stood in the middle of the room, looking directly at the door leading to the hallways. He turned around to find most of the guys, including Ashton, staring at the scene.

"Don't you have something else to do!?" Michael yelled at them and they returned to changing. However, Ashton was the only one who didn't turn away. In fact, his face showed interest in their unexpected outbursts and such. It intrigued Michael a little bit, but he changed quickly and left before the fringe-haired boy began interrogating him about the situation.

-

"What do you think they were talking about?" Ashton's small voice asked Calum who stared a girl down from afar. He licked his lips until Ashton slapped his arm.

"Huh-what?" Calum looked at him with confusion.

"What do you think Michael and Luke were talking about?" Ashton repeated, adding in the boys' names.

"Probably arguing over some girl or a highly sensitive topic." Calum said.

"I hope it's the--" Ashton began.