Chapter 15

Inside Matt was surrounded by multiple aromas of meats, spices, and everything else that was there. All the food was very appetizing as far as he could tell.

"It says 'seat yourself'." She said with a smile, grabbed his arm, then lead him to a booth.

"This one okay?"

Matt's grin hasn't left his face since he agreed to have dinner with him. "It's perfect."

He felt around the both so he would 'know' where to sit, then placed his cane against the wood,and scooted into the booth. Claire followed. Soon a waiter came with menus, and asked them what they would like to drink.
"Water is fine," said Claire.
"I'll have water as well."
The waiter smiled and left the two alone.
"Um Claire."
She looked up at him with egger eyes, "yeah?"
"Can you, um, read the menu to me?"
"Of course."
Matt smiled as Claire began to read off the items. He simply loved the sound of her voice.

"What was that last thing you said?"

She looked down at the menu and bit the side of her lip, "chicken biryani." She said questioning weather she pronounced it right.

Matt continued smiling at her, "I think I'll have that, thanks Claire."

The waiter returned with two glasses of water. He carefully placed them on the table, then took out his notepad. "What can I get for you tonight?"

Matt nodded his head toward Claire. She gestured towards him, "You can go first."

"Okay, uh, I'll have the chicken biryani."

The waiter turned to Claire, "And you?"

"I'll have the green curry please."

He scribbled on his pad, "Okay it will be out shortly." And with that he left.

Claire and Matt smiled at each other.

"So, how was your day?"

"Pretty good, yours?"

"Depends if I manage to screw this up or not."

Claire laughed lightly, slowly shook her head. "Just don't physic yourself out, you're doing great."

"Put your hand on the table palm up," she said with a grin.

Matt did so, slowly sliding his hand across the table. He knew exactly what she was doing. Claire's finger tips met with his; her palm slowly glided until hers met with his. She carefully wrapped her fingers around his hand, as Matt followed her. She started to softly rub her thumb on his skin like he does every time their skin meets. He couldn't remember a time when he smiled this much.

God, I love her.

He took a sip from his glass. "So, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything, and everything. Trust me if it involves you I'll be interested."

"Okay Casanova, you're doing really great."

He laughed and continued to smile at her. She started to tell him about the city, and how she grew up here. She told him about high school, and that she had only one or two friends, she always studied and focused on her school work, but was in no way innocent.

"And that's why to this day I avoid drive-in movies. "

They were both laughing when the waiter arrived with their dishes. He placed Claire's in front of her.

"Green curry and chicken biryani." He then placed Matt's in front of him as he spoke. "Anything else for you guys?"

"No I think were fine," said Claire. The waiter smiled and went to attend to other tables.