Chapter 10

"So, no more right?"

"Wrong."

"Huhhhhhh." He collapsed on the bed.

"Matt, come on." She poked his side. He squirmed.

"You can do it.....once in a while."

Claire gleamed, "That's enough, I guess you're going to find out just how short a while is."

Matt inhaled deeply. Claire leaned down and kissed him. Matt wrapped his arms around her.

"So how about that date?"

"Ummmm, well."

"Oh come on Claire."

"Well I guess. I mean, I don't have anything better to do."

Even though Matt was overjoyed to take Claire on a actual date, he loved the playful banter between them.

"Really? That's your reason? 'I have nothing better to do'"

"Well yeah, I mean I can't express how much I like you then I'll never hear the end of it."

"Yeah I guess you got a point. Even though you just contradicted yourself."

"What are you talking about?"

"Last night."

Claire's face turned stone cold.

"Last night....was really special to me. Don't ruin it."

"I won't, ever." He placed his hand on the side of her face and stroked her cheek.

"And hey, it was special to me too."

"You want to make tonight special?" Claire grinned.

"If you would be so kind, I would love to."

"Okay I need real clothes then."

She moved off the bed, and took a jacket from the dresser.

"Where are you going?"

"To my apartment, so I can get clothes."

"You don't need to, there's some shops near by."

"I'm not going to spend money when I have perfectly good clothes at my house Matt."

"Okay, um I'd feel a lot better if I went with you."

"Matt it's the middle of the day nothing's going to happen. I can take care of myself."

"I don't doubt that but I also don't underestimate the bastards who did that to you, and everyone else that follows behind them."

She crossed her arms. "Matt think about this logically, they didn't get any information out of me last time, and got their asses handed to them. You really think they're going to risk that again?"

Matt put his hand on her shoulder. "I don't know what's going to happen. I just want you to be okay."

"I will, and if anything happens I'll call you okay."

"Alright."

Claire took his face in her hands. "Matt, it will be okay, try not to worry yourself to much." She pressed her lips to his. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

"Just be safe okay?"

"I will don't worry."

She grabbed her bag from the couch, and started to walk out the door.

"See ya later."

"Yeah see ya."

The door closed and Matt buried his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

Please God, please don't let anything happen to her.