Chapter 29: Mistakes

Three years later after the wonderful marriage. Me and Jason had our first kid finally. Her name is Alice and she is only a year old.

Something tragic caught my attention one morning. I was outside of the kingdom gates, walking around the forest that had finally regrown I unknowingly casted a spell. It made one of the trees catch fire.

I then made it stop. I went three years without magic and all of a sudden the magic is back. I had a bad feeling I put the magic inside my daughter.

I played with the magic for a while and then stopped. I remembered something Percy had told me. He told me my parents blocked my powers and that my true magic was hidden. I was going to have to keep it that way.

As my magic returned so did the sadness. Jason was hit with a plaque and it made him more sick than I was.

He passed on the crown to Chris incase he didn't make it. Chris over the last three years had become the kingdom favorite as he helped everyone.

Jason died just two days after passing the crown. Alice would never know what its like to have a father. I was broken down myself. I hid myself in the room all day for a month. I left Alice in Kelly's care.

Only one person ever stopped to make me feel better and that was my brother Chris.

"Do you want to talk about what really happened to Jason?" He asked me.

"Someone poisoned his chalice and he laid there in his final breaths and gave you the crown and asked me a favor. He wanted me to be the one that ended him and his suffering."

"How did you do it?"

"I gave him the knights death. I killed him with his own sword." I broke down crying again and Chris came over and hugged me.

"You have a daughter now. Alice needs you and Jason wouldn't want you to be this sad. He never allowed for it. You two have a daughter to take care of. Now its you and she is going to need you."

"You are right Chris." I pushed him back and showed him my hands.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I made a rock form in my hands. I made it freeze and then catch fire.

"You are still a dark mage? I thought Percy robbed your magic years ago?"

"Doesn't seem that way and I'm afraid Alice has the gift of magic." Chris and I sat i silence as we thought about what might be a problem.

"I can't kill my daughter, Chris."