Chapter 13: Blood Is Spilled.

Jason shoved his sword through the back of Chris and out through his chest. Chris simply grabbed the blade of the sword and froze it. He began to push the blade back through his body. That looked so painful. I was fighting to move my body. Chris didn't seem bothered by the blade.

I gained control of my body and Jason knew what was going on. He pushed the sword further into Chris. The frozen tip came back out of Chris and much more. The blood was coming out slowly. The hilt of the sword was shoved into his Chris' back.

"I've been through worse." Chris mumbled. He stood up and I forced him back down into his chair. I was going to make sure Chris died. He was responsible for so many deaths. He deserved to have his own life taken.

Chris didn't like that idea. Whatever the dark mages taught him, he picked up on everything quickly. He then pulled the sword all the way through his chest and we could see the blades hole it left behind before the blood began to spill out of it.

Chris got really pale and I just watched as he lost control of his body and the sword fell out of his hands. The frozen end shattered hitting the ground and ice shards went everywhere.

Chris began to look full again, his skin color returned and the hole closed up and was just fine. He then vanished.

"He is going to be a deadly dark mage to kill." I said.

"What if all darl mages can regenerate their bodies injuries and vanish. It won't be a simple fight, but it will be war." Jason said.

I stepped through the ice and went to Darwin. Part of his back was iced, but everywhere else was good. I rolled him over and he wasn't breathing normally. It was slow beats.

"He needs to stay here while we hunt the dark mages." I said to Jason.

"Two people against all of the dark mages and dragons. We just finished a war with them many years ago." I laughed.

"We will go to Cardos. The kingdom with the biggest defense. Knights walk the halls and outside the walls. They stand at the walls with arrows ready. No dragon has ever survived attacking Cardos. Remember the big three, all killed before touching the walls. That is where we need to be to defend ourselves from war." Jason sounded like a genius. He was trained by Darwin.

I picked up Darwin and placed him in a chair. "I'll watch him." Jason whispered and placed his hand on Darwin's shoulder.

"Cool, that means i'm going alone." I picked up the sword that was broken apart from the ice. I held it and focused on it. The sword began to molt into a smaller sword that was edged and ready to cut.

"I'm a dark mage as well." I left the building and all Jason did was stare in amazement. I knew where Cardos was. East of Roden. That is where I decided to head first.

It took me several days to get there. I spent that time learning how to use my magic. It was a lonely time. I slept under trees every night and I killed any wild animals I saw and ate their meat.

The nightmares didn't end there. Me and Chris had more of our conversations inside my head. He isn't happy that he almost died. He also says it wasn't him that brought himself back to life. He said he doesn't know who did it, but he thanks them.

He talked of giving me a chance to be a dark mage with him. He asks every time. Chris is determined, but I wont ever join him. He then explained how he last saw our parents. He watched our mother burn in the flames of Roden. Nothing was left of her.

He then explained how it was him that killed father. He also says he wont restrain himself from killing me and Darwin if I don't join him.

Roden was just in sight and Cardos would be even further. If it wasn't for.....

I'm in a stone room. How did I get in here. What just happened? "Hello?" I called out. I was walking to Roden. Now i'm lost in a room. The door wouldn't budge when I rammed against it. Opening it did not work either. What?

A person teleported into the room. "I am Shard. I accept all dark mages as one. No matter their cause." The man said.

He wore black robes to cover his face and skin. He could be a grim reaper. Actually he dressed like a darker dark mage.

"I didn't want to be a dark mage." I said. "I want to be a knight."

"But it is your bloodline and you have enjoyed it so far. I saved your brother Chris from death. It wont be the last time I save a dark mage."

"You saved a devil."

"I saved a man that wants peace. He wants it through war, which is wrong, but he has no choice."

"How bout not fighting?"

"How about the night you stabbed him. He wanted to talk and you almost killed him. You are more blood thirsty than him. He simply paralyzed you momentarily. You wanted to end his life."

"Don't make me the bad guy here. If he doesn't swing first. Then I wont ever swing."

"You already swung first. The sword through his chest." Shard vanished after that and the door room opened up.

"Shouldn't have burned down my village." I said out loud. Whether he was still there to hear it or not, I had to say it anyways.

I saw a familiar looking building. One I think I was at for a short time. I walked up to the house. It had a nice garden, looked like pumpkins and carrots were growing.

I knocked on the door. I looked back at the stone structure I was in, but that was gone too. Must have been an illusion. This house better not be.

A girl opened the door to the house. It was Darwin's sister. She is not going to be happy.

"Strange seeing Darwin's knight back here." She said. She gave me a stare and folded her arms. I realized I had upset her.

"Darwin is nearly dead because of the dark mages."

"Good because I'm one of them." She lifted me off the ground with magic. She turned me upside down and walked me away from the house.

"I wont kill you, doesn't mean I can't injure you. Tell Darwin to rot in hell." She slammed me into the ground multiple times. Then the scenery changed. I was almost passed out and we were in a new place. It had an ocean. A cliff. I was on top of a cliff.

"Try not to drown." She tossed me off the cliff and into the ocean. My dazed vision and barely conscious self was facing death.