Chapter 18: The Red and Orange Dragon, Cyrus

I left Chris' body behind and went back to the kingdom of Cardos. A dragon stood on the edge of the walls. Burning everything in its path. It was unleashing blue flames in a rage and its legs were crushing the walls.

I got closer to see a red and orange dragon that lost their right eye. It was a mess on that side. Blood and a shredded eyeball where the right eye should be. It had a sword stuck in its chest. It was Cyrus. How was Cyrus still alive?

The guards were burning to ash, not even ash statues, just piles of ash. I tried getting Cyrus' attention, but the beast ignored me and continued to burn the kingdom down. Wall by wall and knight by knight. The mini sword arrows pelted the dragon, but it shrugged off any pain given to it.

The sun was beginning to rise. The golden red tint of the dragon was starting to shine. The flaming trees had died out and the dead dragons were everywhere. Cyrus took flight off the wall and landed in the kingdom.

I ran to the kingdom wall. Jason who I thought was locked up. Was laying against the wall just outside the gate. He was wearing all his armor and his sword was laying in the ground next to him.

"Jason. Why are you here?" He looked at me and shook his head. "I have no clue. The last thing I remember. I was coming to find you. To tell you that Darwin is dead. He never woke up from his frozen back. He had no heart beat."

Jason kept shaking his head. "Why am I here Claire?" He looked lost. "Jason." I said. "You are here to help me kill Cyrus."

"Cyrus?" He asked.

"Yea the golden red dragon." I picked up his sword in my left hand and held out my right hand to help him up. He grabbed my hand and I pulled him up. I handed him his sword.

"Claire? I don't think I can."

"I don't have to time to give a speech. You are one of Darwin's greatest warriors. Back at Roden. Who did everyone fear to fight? It was you. Now lets go." I walked through the gates and saw Cyrus.

His body was shining against the sun. He was laying down like he owned the place. Cyrus landed and killed everyone and is now taking a rest in the middle of the courtyard. I wasn't expecting Jason to have followed me in there.

"Came to be a knight for once?" I asked him.

"No I came to win the race." He said and charged the beast. What race was he talking about? I charged the dragon as well. I was hoping to stab my sword in the other good eye and make it unable to see.

At the same time, Cyrus might just blast everything with its blue flames. My small blade wasn't going to do much. I had my sword stabbed in the dragon still. I would have to grab that first.

Jason noticed the sword in the dragon. He went to remove it, but I stopped him.

"Removing that sword could be enough pain to wake him up." Jason let go of the sword and we stood near the dragon, thinking of how to kill this beast.

The tail of Cyrus began to move. "Get to cover Jason." I yelled and removed the sword from Cyrus. The dragon roared in pain and flew into the air. The wind was strong and knocked me down onto my back.

"Defiant humans!" Cyrus growled and flew straight at me. I tried to move objects in front of him, but nothing was around for me to throw. Everything was too big. I made the ground around me sink deeper into the earth.

Cyrus noticed the small hole I put myself in. He stood over the hole and placed his mouth to it. I forced to ground to cover me up and close off the hole.

I began to make the ground in front of me split apart. I couldn't see anything, i was hoping to be facing forward. I stepped into my split pathway and shot the dirt ground upward and made the ground below me go up as well.

The light blinded me, I was only under ground for a minute. I saw Cyrus was trying to attack Jason. Jason however, was making cyrus work.

Cyrus had one eye left to use and even so, it looked bad enough to be doing all the work. Cyrus was letting blue flames go all over the place.

I stepped forward and used all the dirt I pulled above the ground and launched it at Cyrus. Some of the dirt got into the bad eye that cyrus has. Cyrus growled more and clawed at the ground.

Cyrus laid back down on to the ground and tried to shake out the dirt. Jason took the opportunity and stabbed his sword into the good eye of the beast.

I was far from Jason and Cyrus still, I turned Jason's sword into an ice sword. "Maybe Cyrus will get a brain freeze." I yelled at Jason. Jason laughed and pushed the sword further in.

Cyrus made no attempt to move. I think the dragon was finally dead. To be sure I walked over to Cyrus and pulled my sword back out of the sheathe. I cut out the tongue and froze it. I threw it down Cyrus' mouth. I then began to freeze Cyrus.

"He is definitely dead now." Jason whispered.

"What's wrong Jason. We just survived the whole battle of the dragons." I said.
Jason and I have walked away from the frozen dragon and sat down against the castle's entrance gates.

The place was a mess. Half of the forest was burned down. Dead knights and dragons flooded the ground. Even Chris and King Leo were laying dead out there.

"Claire. We lost a lot more than we think." He started taking off his armor.

"Explain." I told him.

"We lost Faldin for starters." He said.

"We could just rebuild Faldin."

"Darwin died." Jason tried to be the downer here.

"That is sad, but if I didn't lose my family before that I might have been sad. I even just killed my brother."

"How are you not affected by this?" He seemed so lost in all of this.

"Because Jason. A knight once told me. Every knight, from now until the end of time, will live with painful memories for as long as they live. I'm learning to accept that."