Chapter 22: Scrambled Mind.

"Chris, as in my brother?!" I didn't know if I yelled it or questioned it. Maybe both, but the idea was horrifying. To bring back the evil and twisted man that shared my blood and killed our parents. It wouldn't be right.

"Why him?" I said softly and fell to my knees. "I was at peace for two seconds." I whispered under my breath.

"The evil stones need to be destroyed, reviving Chris should do the trick." Shard said, sounding more confident with his words.

"That is if we can revive him and that is also if he wants to help us and if he was telling the truth or not about these stones." We sat there in silence.

"I'll bring him back, but only to destroy the stones." I said. Shard just looked more confused. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"I got better with my magic obviously. Plus, I killed him before." We went our separate ways. I traveled out to the place where I buried Chris. The same place I buried our father.

I wore my knights armor incase he tried anything.

I dug him up and pulled him up out of the ground. He was already a skeleton. Kinda gross. This spell to bring people back is a far advanced spell. I practiced on plants and animals. Never on a human. I needed this spell to work.

This spell requires complete focus on one subject. Exactly who he was. What he did. How did he look. I had to only think of who my brother was and he would slowly come back.

I laid him down in the grass and placed a hand on each side of his skull. I'm touching a dead person. I might have to lose my latest meal.

I closed my eyes and began to start clearing my mind of everything. Only Chris was to be mentioned. It would take some time for him to wake up.
When I opened my eyes, he was there, but very pale. The worst state anyone could be in.

I got up and stood there waiting for him to wake up. When he finally did, I held my sword over him. His eyes were bloodshot

"Welcome back, Bro." I said and he had a worried look on his face.

"You didn't bring me back just to kill me." He sounded weak. For some reason his skin regained color and his eyes were no longer bloodshot.

"So you healed yourself?" I asked him.

"Of course. Why did you bring me back?"

"The stones. Purple stones. Created by Percy Ward. I read your book."

I put my sword away and helped him up off the ground. "You will tell me everything and since i'm trying to find peace, I will keep you alive when we finish with the stones."

"Who told you of these stones?" He asked.

"Shard. The great and powerful dark mage who has lived for centuries."

Chris put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. "Shard is Percy Ward. Think about the name. Shard. Stone. Magic that both of them have. He wants all three stones to regain his evil form. How many do you have?"

"Two, I can't find the third stone."

"Of course, because I took one from a temple and hid it somewhere else."

"Where is it now, Chris?"

"Faldin."

"Lets go"

I can't believe the place I lived for years had a purple stone in it that radiates evil. The place was always so peaceful.

I rode on horseback with Chris holding onto me. We rode all the way to Faldin in one night. We rode to the top of the mountain and over looked the village

The destruction of Faldin was still clear to see. All the burnt buildings and ashed citizens. One half of the village was destruction the other half was an actual village. People were out at night. Fixing things, removing things, making Faldin a better place.

"The destruction is all your work." I told to Chris and climbed off my horse.

"Yea well, I don't intend to destroy it again. To much work to rally dark mages and dragons."

"Me, you and shard are the only dark mages left. Once we all die the magical beings of this world will be gone. As for the dragons only Titus and Snow are alive."

"You killed Cyrus?" Chris sounded amazed more than confused. "How?" He asked.

"Stabbed out both eyes. Cut off the tongue and froze the whole dragon. Cyrus melted in a few weeks."

We stared over the cliff watching Faldin. It looked as peaceful as ever. The nightmare in the past most likely wont be forgotten anytime soon. I hope it doesn't get forgotten to be honest.

Something about leaving a mark is kind of special. Surviving a dragon attack and rebuilding. That is awesome.

For some odd reason, my head started to hurt. The whole scenery changed. The cliff me and Chris were on was the place to be watching this nightmare.

It must have been the day Faldin burned. A single dragon was wiping out the city. I turned around to get on my horse and everything was still insane.

My horse was laying down, it was bleeding and dead. Someone had murdered my horse behind my back.

"Chris?" He turned around and saw my horse. "What did you do?" I asked him.

At that moment I lost control of my body, so did Chris. We crippled to ground and a shadow rose above us. A dark cloudy mist.

The shadow had deep red eyes. "Puny mages, Let me show you true power!" The ground around us began to tremble and quake.

"One more."

Everything went black. I couldn't see anything or feel anything. I only heard screams from every direction. It was giving me a headache.

The screams were right next to me, or far from me. I had no sense of myself. Then I finally saw it.

The man with the red eyes standing over me. He held something in his hand. It looked like a crown.

"One more." Was all he ever said. Then my head began to hurt and throb even more.