Chapter 21: Dark Magic.

It has been quite some time in between the last the time I wrote of my tales and now. I am currently stuck at the kingdom of Cardos. I have found two of the three stones that radiate evil. My only problem is that all of them are still alive and well.

I have found no way to break them. Jason tries to be as supportive as possible. Shard has been missing for weeks. Kelly, well she and that blacksmith, Peter, become closer and closer and now they are married and ready to have their first kid. I suggested the named Leonard to them.

Me and Jason already agreed on no children. The line of dark mages has to end. No more magicians can enter the world of earth. It is to dangerous for the future. Same for the dragons.

Only Titus and Snow remain threats of the world. All the others died in the war outside Cardos' gates, or died of old age.

Faldin has been under repairs. People are already moving back into homes over there.

If one of these stones radiate so much evil how do I keep them with me and not turn crazy like my brother? Well that is simple.

I rode a horse far out of sight from any building and buried them underground. I left a bright yellow pole on top of the dig spot. I also left a spell on the sight. No one can dig the ground but me.

Thinking about the last stone was driving me crazy. Sitting at my desk in a lone room. A simple torch light and candle light was all I used. I tried reading into the history of the dark mages.

I spent three weeks looking for one stone and nothing about how they were created, how to destroy them, or even the temples.

I got angry with myself and threw the last book I finished reading at the wall. I put my head down on the desk with my arms underneath my head to rest my head more comfortably.

I was about to punch through the castle wall. I spent a year on this project and I'm not even close to finishing. I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up in my bed and Jason was sitting across the room reading books as well. I sat up and looked at him

"You brought me in here?" I asked him. He looked up at me.

"Of course. You have been working harder than me and I'm a king. It's a hard thing to do since Prince Taylor died of heart problems a month ago, my work has been expanded. Yet you still do more than me. You need proper rest more than me."

"I'm sorry i've been distant." I told him. He just shook his head. "Don't be. Those stones are our number one priority. This book about the dark mages should help you. Written by your brother Chris."

That shocked me because I raided every book from every temple. I never came across one from my brother.

Jason walked over to me and handed me the book. "I think you will find all your answers in this one." I opened to the first page and began reading it.

'I, Christopher Bennett, will like to inform to all of those who read this, I have found and came into contact with all stones of Percy Ward.

Percy Ward was the founder of the dark mages. He put them into the world. He also went mad. He had created three stones of Ward, called the Warden Stones.

They are designed to radiate evil. When in contact with them, these stones eat away at the happiness of the holder. While near the stone, the temptation to kill becomes to kick in.

Many humans and dark mages however, are not affected by these stones. Theories of this possibility could be of two reasons. A direct bloodline such as descendants of Ward, or a person can be so pure at the heart, that no negativity can fill the mind.'

"Hey? Claire?" Jason snapped me out of the book. "Yea sorry. Just that my brother was on to something."

"Well, keep reading it gets better. For a while it does anyways. He talks about Percy, he also talks about stones temples. Thats as far as I got." He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Well thanks, I will see you later tonight." We kissed and he left. I laid back down in bed and continued reading.

Chris went on to explain more about the tragic story of these stones. They once affected the wild to turn evil. The trees and grass would come alive if a single stone was there for so long.

He also said if many stones were in one area at the same time for a large amount of time. Visions of Percy Ward could be seen and heard.

All three have never been together for too long, effects of all them together are still unknown.

The destruction of these stones are not simple. Especially since, every damn book I read about the dark mages doesn't have an answer to crush a damn stone.

I wanted to throw the book so badly, but Shard walked into my room and I held it down tightly.

"It has been a while, Claire." He was shaking and looked pale. He struggled to get through the door way.

I got out of bed and helped him to the little table in room. "What the hell happened to you?" I asked him.

"I have been alive for centuries, but I have never seen anything, so evil, so destructive. It was almost evil itself." He voice shook with every word.

"Where were you?" I asked him.

"Nowhere, not a single building in sight, but a lone yellow pole, stood out in a grassy field. I was distracted by it. Then the worst happened. The scenery changed.

It was dark. Storms raging. Fires across the whole land. All my nightmares in one. A man with long black hair stood over me with darkest of red eyes. Whispering the words. "One more." It got so bad Claire." He stopped talking and I hugged him.

"The worst of it all is. Is that one person knows how to destroy these stones." He said. I backed away from him. He was hiding something dark.

"Tell me."

"You wont like it."

"I don't like many things. Who can destroy these stones."

"Christopher Bennett."