Chapter 23

Adam had been gone for over an hour, no one would tell Kim anything about the baby. She was about to get up out of the bed when Adam, Phil, and the doctor arrived.

"Adam?" She whispered, he went to her side.

"It's okay, she's okay" Adam told her, tears filling his eyes "our girl is healthy"

"She's okay?" Kim asked the doctor once more, "what was wrong?"

The doctor held his hands up, "nothing that we could find, her lungs are strong, she checks out. Sometimes it happens, and there's nothing wrong we will continue to monitor her closely but she looks good" he told them "congratulations!"

"When can we see her?" Adam asked the doctor.

"Let her rest in the nursery, for a few hours and then we will bring her to you" he pointed at Kim, "you need to rest as well, mom"

Kim sat up in bed, "I haven't even seen her" she cried, " did you Adam?"

He held her hand, "not really, I just saw the top of her head. Poor girl is bald" he smiled softly "I think Al has more hair than our daughter"

He met her in the supply closet, "you have about three hours, go!" he left before she did.

She would have liked more time, but she could work with three hours, the doctor agreed to distracting the staff in the nursery and already removed the ankle monitor from baby girl Ruzek.

She wouldn't be baby girl Ruzek for long, her name would be Kennedy Walker, and Linda would be known as Josslyn Walker her daughter Annie would become Jacklyn.

Her daughter already settled in the new house on Long Island in NY and Linda couldn't wait to bring the new baby home.

Kim sat staring out the window, "are you sure she's okay Adam?"

"Yes, you heard the doctor, she's fine" he told her, though he would feel a helluva lot better once he had her in his arms.

Phil stood up, "I'm going to go for a drink run, you need anything?"

"No thanks"

Phil made his way to the nurses station, "excuse me" he said to the nurse working on a computer, "my sister Kim Ruzek, she's just given birth to a little girl. There were some complications, so they haven't even seen their baby yet. If I give you my phone will you take a picture of my niece, please?"

The nurse smiled, "sure thing" Phil turned the phone over and waited for her to return.

"She's beautiful" the nurse said as she handed Phil his phone, "congratulations"

Phil smiled at the photo of the sleeping baby, she reminded him of his own little girl.

"I have something you might be interested in seeing" he held up his phone.

"Is that what I think it is?" Kim asked.

"It is, I had one of the nurses take it for me, she's a beautiful baby Kim" he told her as he handed the phone to her.

"Oh Adam, look at her!" Kim couldn't help but cry, "Adam you're right Al has more hair than she does"

Adam laughed, "he may, but she's way prettier, just like her mom" he kissed Kim's forehead, "thanks for doing that Phil, can you text it to me. I need to send it my dad and everyone else"

"You got it" he smiled "so, does my niece have a name?"

Linda couldn't believe how easy it was to leave with the baby, she had placed her inside the duffel bag she brought with her every time she volunteered, and just walked right out the front doors of the hospital.