Chapter 6

Adam drove in silence, finally breaking it "where are we going?" He asked quickly glancing over at Kim in the passenger seat.

"It doesn't matter, somewhere we can talk" she told him, she was a nervous wreck.

"Fine, how about the pier?"

"Sure"

The tension in the car was thick, he pulled the car into the spot and put it in park, he started to turn the car off when Kim placed her hand on his arm, "I would rather stay in the car, if that's okay"

"Just spit it out!" He snapped, rubbing his temple. "I'm sorry, okay."

Kim could feel the lump growing in her throat, "it's my my brother, he's out"

Adam laughed sarcastically, "I know, I was just waiting for you to tell me. Have you seen him yet?"

She was shocked that he knew and didn't say anything "Adam, I was afraid to tell you, that you would be angry" she knew she needed to tell him everything "I've set him up at a hotel, Adam"

He pounded his fist on the steering wheel "are you fucking kidding me? I'm not paying for that son of a bitch to lounge around in some swanky hotel"

"This is why I didn't tell you Adam. That reaction right there, he's my brother damn it!" She was glad they stayed in the car though she was certain everyone outside could hear them "and last I checked it was my money paying for it, just like our house, this car and everything else we own" she knew she crossed the line but she was pissed.

"Is that how it is, it's your money?" He said through his teeth, "well he's not seeing my fucking kid, no fucking way" he turned the car back on and pulled out of the parking spot.

"Take me home, and Anthony has already met his uncle, he's as much my son as he is yours, you know. The day I signed those papers he became my son too!"

They rode in silence back to their house, Kim getting out of the car first, Adam still seated.

"You coming in?"

"No, I need to be alone" he told her, which she knew meant he was going to Molly's.

"I think you need to sleep at your dad's tonight Adam, before one of us says something we can't take back!"

She slammed the door, and felt the tears spring to her eyes.

Kim tried to pull herself together before she went inside, surprised when she heard an unfamiliar voice talking with Amy, Anthony already in bed.

"Kim, are you okay?" Amy asked her noticing her tear streaked face.

"I'm okay, whose your friend?"

Amy smiled uncomfortably, "Kim, this is Adam's mother"

---------NOTE---------

So, yea Adam's mother needs a name. I'm open to suggestions, I'm hoping to go with a traditional name but for the life of me can't settle on one I like.

Thanks for reading!

-Kristi