Chapter 10

"Daddy!" Anthony jumped off the couch and in to Adam's arms.

"Oh bud, I missed you" Adam said as he rubbed the little boy's back, he noticed Kim standing in the door leading to the kitchen "hey" he said softly over Anthony's shoulder "I can't stay away Kim, I can't" his voice cracking.

She hated him being out of the house, it was worse than the fighting. "I don't know what to say, I want you here with us" she could feel her defenses cracking "I was just about to call you" she put the phone back on the charger.

He put Anthony down, the little boy running off to play.

"What happened to your hand?" Kim asked noticing the bruising and swelling, "did you get into a fight?"

Adam sat on the couch "he's okay, and I've already apologized" he told her "I hit Phil last night at Molly's"

Kim was furious, "you hit my brother? What the hell is wrong with you?" She said from the chair opposite Adam.

"I was drunk, it's not an excuse I know" Adam said as he leaned forward his elbows on his knees "I already spoke to him this morning, I left his hotel room and came here"

Kim stood up and went to the window, "where does this leave us Adam? I'm not turning my back on my brother and you aren't changing your stance"

"I don't know, but I know I can't be away from the two of you" he went up behind her, putting his arms around her waist "I will sleep in the guest room if I have to but don't make me leave"

"You don't have to leave, we just need to figure this out Adam. We are all my brother has" she could feel him tense, "I love you Adam but you're stubborn as hell"

He laughed softly, "just give me some time, please"

"I will"

The rest of the day was filled with awkward silence, only interrupted by the occasional word or two usually concerning Anthony.

Kim left Adam to deal with Anthony and the night time routine, listening to their 'conversation' on the baby monitor Adam obviously forgetting its existence.

"Listen, daddy screwed up but I'm gonna fix it for us both Anthony. I'm just scared for you and your mom, I know Uncle Phil wouldn't hurt you two but he doesn't make the best choices" he tucked the little boy in "but don't worry I'm not leaving ever again, I love you and your mommy too much to leave"

He turned the light off and pulled the door closed, it took all he had not to go into the bedroom he shared with Kim, he just stood outside the door "I love you" he said softly as he made his way to the guest bedroom and pulled the door closed behind him.

-----NOTE-----

This chapter isn't my favorite but it's something.

Don't hate me too much.

As always, thanks!

-Kristi