Chapter 10 ~ Truthing Time

<<Tray's POV>>

I stared at Anna as the wind blew her hair everywhere. "What?" She turned to me wondering why I was staring at her. "Nothing" I shook my head while turning to the road. I glanced back over at her. "What!" She repeated while looking me in the eyes. "Nothing" I smiled while admiring her beauty. Come on Tray really? Is she really worth it? Yes. I have this awkward feeling in my stomach when I'm with other girls. That's called guilt. Shut up mind I know what guilt is! Why do I feel this towards her? She's a nerd. Although she's really attractive.  And sweet and nice and many other things. Maybe it's just because she doesn't like you. Although Tray it is true she's not your biggest fan. "I've caught you staring at me twice now there's something wrong. Is there something on my face?" She asked her light brown hair flying everywhere. "Nope nothings wrong" I smiled while staring at her again. Shit I need to stop staring at her. Where is she taking me anyways? "Okay spill. Am I not pretty enough to be in a car with the one and only Tray Nixon?" She asked. I nearly spit out the soda in my mouth. "So it's true. You could've said so" She laughed while pulling over to turn around.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Damn it Tray just kiss her! Do it no balls! I pulled Anna's face to look at mine while I reached over and pressed my lips against hers. We sat there like that for a couple seconds then I pulled away. I sat back in my seat and I felt my face turn bright red. She sat there completely confused. Oh shit. Damn it Tray why'd you do it? She doesn't even like you! Now you just look like a needy player. Well on the bright side you're getting paid for it. Wait was I just blushing? Me Tray Nixon blushing after kissing a nerd like her. What?  I looked over to Anna who was blushing. "Did you just...?" She asked "Did we just... You just..." She sat back in her seat while running her fingers over her lips. How bad did I just fuck up?

"Anna look it just kind of happened and if you didn't like it or want it to mean any-" I was cut off by something I didn't expect. Anna was reaching over kissing me. She was kissing me! Score! Boys we just scored big! I'm not just talking about the dare I'm also talking about the fact that she's beautiful and she's kissing me. She pulled away and looked at me. "So shall I continue driving?" She asked with a smile. I nodded. She drove on. Twenty minutes later she said we had arrived. I followed her out of the car. "Where are we?" I asked while staring at a whole lot of woods and nothing else. "Hold on! We have to walk the rest of the way" She smiled while grabbing my hand pulling me behind her. I interlocked our fingers while we were walking. She looked from our hands to me then smiled. Score! I followed her on a trail through the woods until we came to a clearing. She let go of my hand and walked out into the clearing. She stood in the middle of the opening and spun around in circles.

"It's so beautiful here" She smiled while her hair blew around "Man I haven't been here since I was a kid" I looked at her and smiled. "Yeah I guess if you like bugs, woods, and sun" I shrugged. She walked over and grabbed my hands pulling me over to the clearing. There was a huge waterfall off a cliff on one side while the other side was woods. "Come on look at it. It's beautiful. It's nature. You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words" She smiled. "Well I can think of one thing that is definitely making it worth while for me to be here. If you like it here then I will take you here everyday until you die" I smiled. She blushed then shook her head "Uh uh. Just because we kissed doesn't mean we are in it" I looked at her confused. She sat down on the ground and I sat down across from her. "What?" I asked. "Look Tray" She started Uh oh this can't be good... "I like you. I really do, but I'm not like all those other girls" "Really?" I interrupted "Now way" She playfully slapped me then continued "If I'm going to be in a relationship then I want to know if it's worth it or if I'm going to get hurt in the end. I'm not saying that you aren't worth it or whatever, but I want it to be serious"

I sat there thinking for a minute then told her to wait a minute. I walked out to my car and grabbed a purple velvet box. No it doesn't have a ring are you serious? It had a diamond necklace in it. I walked back through the woods to Anna. "Close your eyes" I smiled and she closed her eyes "no peaking" I warned. I pulled the necklace out of the box and clasped it together around her neck. "Open" I nodded while sitting back down across from her. She opened her eyes and looked down at the necklace. It had a string of three diamonds handing off of a chain as a pendant. She threw her hand over her mouth and started crying. Great what did I do wrong now? "It's beautiful" She cried "Tray I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me" I smiled while she tackled me to the ground. "Well I have a pretty good idea because you're crying again" I smiled while moving a strand of hair out of her eyes. She reached down and kissed me again. Score numero dos! I laid there on the ground kissing her soft lips for a minute then she pulled back and sat up on my lap. "Tray can you be serious with me" I looked her dead in the eyes and she wasn't kidding right now. I nodded. "Who's Derek?" She asked.

The one question one should never ask is 'who's Derek'. I had to think about what exactly to tell her. "He uh is Garrett's brother" I answered. Anna's jaw dropped. "What?" She asked "So why is he after you?" She really needed to stop asking questions. "Derek was getting serious with a girl then she dumped him for me and I had no idea. Now whenever he see's me with a girl he tries to ruin it. Although most girls are one night stands" I shrugged. "Stacy?" She asked. Again with the questions! "Stacy is complicated. She's always had a thing for me, but she's annoying. I try to keep my distance. She and I uh helped each other out" I explained. Anna shuttered and fake gagged. "Bleh" She laughed "Can you be honest with me now?" I asked. She slung her arms around my neck and nodded. "Why didn't you want me to deal with your dad. And why go through it for six years?" I asked.

She closed her eyes and looked to the ground. "I didn't want you to deal with him because he's my dad. He's the only family I have. And I've put up with it for six years because I didn't want to get put in a foster home. My mom and dad were going through a rough time and his way to get rid of his anger was to take it out on me" She explained. I felt bad for asking, but I wanted to know. "I'm sorry" I apologized while kissing her cheek. "So I have a very very important question for you" I smiled. Ask. Ask. Ask her to prom! "How obvious is it that Will and Brooke like each other" I asked. I chickened out. Dumbass. Thanks brain. "Pretty obvious" She agreed. "I have one more question" I stated. I looked into her amazing green eyes. Her face lit up. "Will you go to prom with me?" I asked. "What about Stacy. I overheard her talking about how she's planning to coordinate you two" Anna giggled. "Eh screw Stacy" I rolled my eyes. "Ew please don't. You're mine now" Anna smiled while hugging me. "So I'm now claimed?" I asked "There might be a problem with that. I can't be tamed." Anna laughed "I didn't say tamed. I said claimed. And yes" She rolled off my lap and onto the ground "Saddle up cowboy this girls going to prom with you"

We spent most of the day at the clearing. We went swimming, we talked and just had fun. Anna was driving home. Don't ask me how, but somehow we got on the topic of kissing and sex. "So how many people have you kissed?" I asked. "Well you were by far the best" She smiled. I raised an eyebrow. "I've never kissed anyone" She bit her lip "Aside from you. But before that I've never dated, kissed, gone to parties, and had sex" My jaw dropped. "Jeez good girl" I laughed "So you've never kissed anyone?" I repeated. "No" She shook her head.

Anna drove to her house then I hopped into the drivers seat and drove home. I texted Will and Garrett to come over with the cash. I walked into my living room to see the two of them sitting there conversing. "Well boys" I smiled "Pay up" Garrett looked at me in disbelief. "You actually got her to kiss you?" Will asked. "You betcha boys. And I have a date to prom. Not Stacy" I smiled. I took the cash and threw it in my safe. I walked back over to them then looked at Garrett. "Is it done?" I asked. "yup. Right on her bed" Garrett nodded. The guys spent the next night over at my house.

<<Anna's POV>>

I had a lot of fun with Tray today. Prom? Like are you serious? I walked up to my room. I opened my door to see a white box with a nice and neat red bow on it. I picked up the box and examined it. On the card it said to 'Angel'. It didn't say who from, but I knew Tray had put it there. Some how. I opened the box carefully. I lifted the top off and inside the box was a blue dress. The strapless blue dress from the prom dress shop. It was even in the right size. A moment later the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs to see Brooke standing on my doorstep. She walked in and up to my room. "What! I thought this was too expensive" She glared at me. "Look at the tag" I smiled. "Oh" She laughed.

I told Brooke everything about today. The clearing, the car ride, and my feelings towards Tray. Brooke even admitted she kinda liked Will.