Late Night Visit

I toss and turn again for the umpteenth time trying to find a comfortable position to sleep.

"Ughh!" I yell and throw my pillow at the window. "I can't sleep!"

I sit up and lay against the headboard.

This is the first night I've slept alone for many years. My Pokémon, Cheren, Bianca, Rosa, Nate, N, the kids, or my brother were usually in the same room.

Is that the reason I can't sleep?

I get out of the bed, tossing the sheets aside, and sit on the window ledge.

The full moon cascades throughout the whole room, creating a blue glow. It shines as if it sees right through me.

"Why can't I sleep? I'm tired, but I can't sleep..."

*knock knock*

I jump a little from the sudden knock.

"What was that?" I ask, nervously, looking around the room.

"White, are you up?" a voice comes from the other side of the door.

"Yes, come in..." I say.

The door slowly opens and closes and a figure walks in the room.

"Where are you?" it asks.

"In the window."

The person walks up to me and sits on the other side.

"Can't sleep?" N asks.

"Yes, I'm restless."

He chuckles. "I can't sleep either. It's kinda lonely without someone else there."

"Yeah, I'm not used to it," I respond.

I look outside and watch all the night Pokémon wander around. The Illumise and Volbeat dancing together in the full moon's light.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" N asks.

"Yeah, all the Pokémon couples dancing together with their own music. I find it lovely," I say with admiration.

Before I know it, N sweeps me off my feet and we're in a dancing position. One hand on each other's shoulder and the other hands holding each other.

"How about we dance too," N suggests. "May I have this dance, milady?"

I blush. "I don't know how to slow dance... Milord..." I giggle.

"I'll teach you. Just follow my lead, princess."

After a couple times of me stepping on his foot and apologizing repeatedly, I do eventually get the hang of it and we prance around the room happily.

"This is fun," I say. "I'm glad you came to my room."

"Me too."

I lay my head on his chest. "I always have fun when I'm with you."

"Me too," he says.

I smile. "That makes me happy."

We continue to dance in the moonlight shining through the window until we begin getting tired.

"I guess I should be retreating back to my room," N says, beginning to head towards the door.

"N?"

"Yes, milady?"

I giggle. "Stay here with me?"

"I'd be honored, princess."

We climb into the large bed and snuggle together.

"So, what was it that you were going to tell me on the beach before Iris came?" I ask.

"I'll tell you some other day," N says.

"Darn! Please! Tell me, tell me!"

"When the time is right, I'll try to tell you again."

"Fine..." I mumble. I wonder what he wants to tell me...

"Don't burn your brain out trying to figure out what it is, go to sleep," N says.

I snuggle into his chest and he wraps his arms around me, putting his chin on my head.

"Okay, I'll try," I say and close my eyes. "Night."

"Night."

~N's POV~ 💚

After White's breathing became even, I kiss the top of her head.

"What I was trying to say was I love you. You'll hear that from me eventually, but the setting has to be perfect, because you're perfect."

I watch the Pokémon dancing outside a little longer before I eventually fall asleep with White in my arms. I hope we can always be like this, forever.

...💙💚❤️💛💜

Yes, it's a extremely small chapter! It's not even a thousand words... I was going to add it to the last chapter, but I wanted to update on my birthday.

I'm going to begin putting questions at the end of each chapter if I remember that is.

QUESTION: Who is your favorite champion out of all the games?

Mine is Steven. Hotness.