N and Mistralton City

N

I stand outside of the Mistralton gym with Zoroark and remember the memories. This is where I talked to White's Serperior to see what he felt towards her. This is where her Serperior told me about her life, where she lives, and who she lives with. This is the place where I told her that I was going to get the legendary dragon Pokémon, Zekrom, so I could command the world that I wanted.

"That whole conversation seems both a waste of time and embarrassing now..." I mutter.

~"So this is where you learned about her?"~ Zoroark asks me.

"Yes, right after she beat the gym leader, Skyla." I smile at the moment when she looked at me surprised. "Let's go back to the Pokémon Center."

I wonder what she thought about whenever we talked? Was she looking forward to our next meeting like I was? Did she have Butterfrees in her stomach too?

~"When are we leaving?"~ Zoroark asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"6 days," I reply. "We'll head to Icirrus on the last day."

~"To check to see if the girl, Rosa, has awoken Zekrom?"~

"That'd be correct."

~"Then after we will search for White?"~

"Correct."

We walk into the Pokémon Center straight to our room, ignoring all the strange stares directed our way. Right as I sit down, a knock echoes throughout the room.

"It's just me, Nurse Joy."

"Yes, come in," I reply.

The door slowly opens and Nurse Joy walks in with a tray full of food.

I always wondered how all the Nurse Joys look exactly alike and I have still yet to come across the answer.

"I came to deliver you some dinner, if you haven't already eaten."

"Is it already that time?" I look at the nearby clock. "Wow, indeed yes, we would like some dinner."

She makes her way over to the nearby desk and places the tray on top. "I do hope you enjoy the food. If there's anything else I could help you with just give me a ring," she says, pointing to the intercom button on her way out the door.

I look at Zoroark. "You ready to eat?"

After we eat, we head straight to bed.

...

The next morning, we head to the Mistralton Cargo Service so I can go see an old friend.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't send people, we only send goods," the man behind the counter says.

"Why?"

"Those are the rules."

"Why not let him join me?" a new voice asks and Zoroark and I turn towards the voice to see Skyla. "I'll let him go with me."

"Oh! Miss Skyla!" the man bows. "If that's okay with you?"

"Yeah, it's fine with me. Where you want to go, N? Haven't seen you in a long time."

"Same to you and I would like to be taken to the Nature Preserve."

"You have to have a permit to go there, you know?"

I pull the small card from my pocket and wave it out in front of her. "I know, I have one."

"Well, that settles it! Come on with me," Skyla says, walking out the door and I follow behind. "So, if I may ask, what does the N want to go to the Nature Preserve for?"

"An old friend lives there and I believe it's time for a visit."

"Have you heard about White?"

"That she's the new champion?"

"That's right. Have you talked to her lately?" she asks.

"I haven't seen her since our last battle 2 and a half years ago..."

"I've heard that she's been looking for you."

"Seriously?!" I say, maybe a little too loud.

She laughs. "Seems she's taken a liking to you. You should go visit her."

"I wouldn't know where to begin."

"Well, if I were you I would start at the Pokémon League."

"Yeah, I guess."

She hops up into her airplane and pulls me behind. "Come on." Zoroark jumps in behind me and Skyla shuts the door.

"After everything I did, why are you helping me?"

"Because I know that wasn't really you."

"How do you know?"

"White explained everything to us after you left, and let me just say that she was a hot mess. She was constantly wiping away tears while she talked."

"She did?" I ask, recalling the memories of me wiping away my tears as well when I left.

"She did," she says, getting into the pilot's seat. "Strap yourself in because it gets a little bumpy before we hit the skies."

"Yes, ma'am," I say strapping myself and Zoroark in. "Ready."

"Alright, here we go!"

...

After we land, I take in the fresh air. The pure fresh air that humans have not tainted yet.

"Take as much time as you'd like! I'll just be training some."

I nod my head and walk down the path behind the airplane. After a few twists and turns, I finally make it to the clearing in the middle.

"Axew? You here?" I call out.

Not even a minute later, the ground starts to rumble and a large black Pokémon emerges from the brush.

~"N! You've returned!"~

"You evolved into a Haxorus, you've grown up quite a lot I see."

~"I've gotten stronger too!"~

"Really?"

~"I'm known as the alpha male around here!"~

"So you've reached your dream too... Great job!"

He looks towards Zoroark. ~"Hi, it's nice to meet you, are you N's best friend?"~

~"I guess you can call me that,"~ Zoroark says with a shrug. ~"It's nice to meet you too."~

~"Have you come to play?"~ Haxorus asks.

"Yes, we have," I respond.

~"Great, let me introduce you to all the friends I've made here!"~

...

"You ready to head back?" Skyla asks me. "You've been here for a while." She looks at the sunset.

I've already said goodbye to Haxorus after we spent all day together. "Yes."

"Alright then, climb aboard!"

We climb up and head back to Mistralton City.

...

After we're dropped off, we return to the Pokémon Center, eat dinner, then head to bed.

...---...

Sorry it's so short!