Chapter 51

Chapter 51
Evelyn's p.o.v
White smoke; that's what currently filled my vision. The once normal halls, had now been filled with some kind of smoke. Blocking out all vision and filling my lungs. As breathing had now become a difficult task. Through the thick, white smoke, I could hear Tommy's screams of panic. As my senses had begun to fade. I wanted to reach out and help him. I wanted to tell him it was all going to be alright. Except, I couldn't. I felt paralyzed. As fear had begun to take over.
The more the time had gone by, the more and more I felt myself fade away. I wanted to fight back. I tried my best to keep myself awake. Not at all knowing what would happen once I allowed my eyes to shut. Of course, my body had other plans.
More and more blackness had begun taking over my vision. As the sounds around me had continued to fade more and more. Becoming more and more distant with every second that passed. Come on Evelyn, you're stronger than this. You can handle this. You managed to survive Macey and all her cruelness. So who's to say you can't fight your way out of this?
Or, at least that's what I tried to reassure myself. As staying awake had continued to become more and more difficult. Finally, I felt my eyes begin to close as darkness had soon took over....
My head felt fuzzy. My limbs felt heavy and my eyes felt as if they had been glued shut. What happened? Is this what it feels like to be hungover? Because I don't even remember drinking.
I don't even understand what's going on right now. Wasn't I supposed to be in Uncle Harry's room? Is that where I am? Did he throw a baseball at my head again? Did I pass out? Is that what happened? Ok, I need to stop. I think I'm just confusing myself even more.
Allowing my eyes to flutter open, I looked around. My eyes landing on a dimly lit room around. A room that had seemed unfamiliar. Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember what happened? All I remember is walking down the hall to Uncle Harry's room. The next thing I know I'm woken up in some unfamiliar room without a clue as to what the actual hell is going on. Suddenly, I could hear the sound of movement. As my eyes immediately landed on the sight of two figures. Two, seemingly unconscious, figures.
"Evelyn?" I heard one of the two figures mutter out, As they had continued shifting around. As they had started becoming conscious...Wait a second, I recognize that voice!
"Lucas!" I shrieked, As I tried standing up. Wanting to run over and embrace the boy into a giant hug. Only to be pulled straight back down. As chains around my wrists had restrained me back.
Wait, what? Where did these come from? I don't remember chains being there. Have these been here the whole time? Am I really that unobservant? Wow, it really makes me wonder what other things I didn't bother to observe in the past.
Ok Evelyn, let's just focus here. I mean, I could sit here all day and discuss everything I'm doing wrong with my life. Or, I could figure out a way to get myself out of here. Ya know, wherever 'here' is.
"Evelyn? Is that really you? What are you doing here? Is that Tommy? What happened? Y-you- you two aren't suppose to be here! This wasn't suppose to happen! This wasn't part of the deal!" I could hear Lucas begin to freak. As his endless ranting had continued on. Simply confusing my already confused mind even more. What did he mean by 'deal'? What deal? Does he know something I don't? Did something happen? What's going on here?
"Lucas? What are you talking about? What deal? Lucas, did something happen? What's going on here, Lucas? I want the truth. What happened to us? Where are we?" I questioned, as my mind had begun to race. As my mind had begun to fill with such fear and anticipation.
For awhile, the room was silent. It was as if Lucas hadn't a clue as to what to say. It almost seemed as if he was trying to deny my presence. As if he was trying so hard to convince himself I was simply a figment of his imagination. The question is, why?
"You weren't suppose to be here. S-she promised if I went along with her plans, then you'd be safe. She promised that no one would get hurt. She lied to me. She got inside my head and I fell for her tricks. She had me exactly where she wanted me and now we all pay the price. Welcome to hell, Evelyn. I can only pray that we make it out alive," Lucas had finally spoke. breaking the long, eerie silence between us.
Except, this wasn't Lucas. This isn't the Lucas I had come to know and love. No, this Lucas sounded so hurt and so broken. He almost seemed vulnerable. He just seemed so dead. He just wasn't his normal, lively self. It was almost as if his soul had been shattered. Broken off into a million, tiny little pieces.
"W-what are you talking about? Lucas, what's going on? You're starting to scare me. Stop it! What's wrong with you? If this is a joke, it's not funny! I'm serious, Lucas. Just cut it out! Tell me what's going o-"
"Well, well, well, if it isn't little miss Evelyn Tomlinson. Welcome back, darling. We've been expecting you."
________________________________
________________

Surprise, surprise, another late update. I truly do apologies for all these late updates. I though that summer would mean a bit more free time to write...Apparently, I was wrong. I've been nothing but busy all summer long.

Anyways, I know this chapter was probably a bit confusing. Yes, I'm perfectly aware. That was the whole point. Within these next few chapter everything will soon make sense. All questions will be answered and all events in this story will soon add up. With that being said, we are also coming to the end of this story.

With that being said, I would like to clarify I will NOT be making a fourth book. This is it guys. This is the last book of this series. However, if you guys would like, I will consider making an epilogue.