Chapter 35

Chapter 35

                                                                      Tommy’s p.o.v

    As the scene began to unfold, I just watched. Eyes wide, and frozen in place. In all honesty, I didn’t have a clue as to what had happened. All I remember is the scared, fearful look behind my sisters eyes. The next, she’s passed out on the ground, eyes closed, face pale, and breathing slow and faint. I had done nothing to prevent it. Nothing but stand back, and watch as my sister slowly faded off.

        Falling to the ground, I knelled before my sister. She looked so pale and sickly. Her ribs and bones stuck out, and she looked as if she hadn’t eaten in days. Maybe even weeks. Needless to say, she looked horrible. Absolutely and utterly terrible.

        As tears began to prick in my eyes, I couldn’t help but let out a scream. This was all my fault. I should have protected her better. I was her brother. It was my job to protect her from everything I could. Instead, I allowed some monster to kidnap her, and destroy everything within her. This was all my fault. Completely and utterly mine.

        “Tommy-” “No! I don’t want to hear it! This is all my fault! If it wasn’t for me we wouldn’t me in this mess! I’m her brother! It’s my job to protect her! I failed to protect the one I love the most! I never even cared to pay attention! All this time I simply ignored her! I went on with my life as if she hadn’t even mattered! I couldn’t even step back to realize she was hurting! This is my fault! It’s all my fault!” That’s when I realized this was about something more than just protecting her.

        All this time I never cared. Ya, I loved her as a sister. I’d do anything for her. But I never showed it. I simply never noticed. All this time, she’s been hurting. She’s been a wreck. Yet, I never noticed. I was too caught up in a life of my own. A life I never invited my sister to be a part of. A life I should have made her a bigger part of.

        From this point on, I’m determined to be more involved. To actually be there for her. To actually be there when she’s in need. For now on, I’m determined to be apart of her life. To be the brother I should have been all along. That’s a promise I’m willing to keep.

                                                                      Evelyn’s p.o.v

    My eyelids felt heavy. My throat was burning, and my body ached all around. The past few weeks, I’ve felt nothing but this intolerable pain. A pain that was all too familiar.

        Except this time, it was different. Instead of the plain, simple bloodlust like feeling, the reasonings behind my pain was for a total different reason. I was beginning to lose it.

        The familiar scene of my nightmare seemed to be on repeat. Running and running through my mind, I felt as if it was on a record. Haunting and ruining every inch of sanity in my brain.

        At one point in time, I longed to see the simple image of Lucas. To have him only inches away from me. But now, all I feel is true terror. The very thought of knowing only feet away from me, is the boy behind it all. The boy to blame for my insane like state. 

        But that’s the thing. Is he completely to blame? Or am I myself to blame for my unstableness? The answer, the world may never know. But deep down inside, I knew the answer. The answer was simple. The only one to blame here was myself. Only I can be held responsible for allowing my walls to fall. For allowing my thoughts to get the best of me, and to destroy me within.  

        Some may say Macey played a key role in the events of what my life has become. But she isn’t fully to blame. Yes, the girl had broken all the hope and confidence I had at one point held. Yet at the same time, it was me who had allowed her to break me this far. I had managed to let her gain control. I had let her get the best of me. I had allowed myself to not only lose control, but to also lose myself. Myself, and everything that I had stood for. That’s my biggest regret.   

        As I allowed my eyes to snap open, I took in the scene around me. Looking around, I noticed I was back in my room. The burning in my throat had began to seize, and my headache had began to die down.

        Sat next to me were my parents. Both passed out looking absolutely exhausted. For awhile, I debated whether I should wake them or not. Seeing as the two were obviously beyond tired.

        Sighing, I decided it was best to wake them. Seeing as they would probably like to know I’m awake. So that’s what I did. Shaking the pair lightly, their eyes immediately shot open. At first, they just looked around confused. Until finally, their eyes fell on me and a large smile spread across both of their faces.

        “Evelyn! You’re finally awake!” My mother screeched, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. Tears already falling freely down her face. Not long after my father had joined in. Making the hug even better than it had been before. And for the first time in my life, I felt at peace. I felt as if everything was going to be ok. But deep down, I knew the feeling wouldn’t last forever.   
______________________________________________

A/N
Honestly, I have nothing to say about this chapter. All I know is this is a very late update. And I apologies for that. I do however, want to give you guys a HUGE thank you! This story alone already has over 5.9k reads! That's not even including the first two books! That's freaking amazing guys! You have no idea how happy this makes me! 

Honestly, I couldn't ask for any better readers than the ones I have now! You all are so encouraging and understanding! No matter how long it takes me to update, or how crappy the update is (such as this one) you never fail to keep being so supportive! I know I don't say it enough, but I truly am thankful for everything you all have done for me. Really I am. If it wasn't for any of you, I wouldn't be where I am today. Heck, I probably wouldn't even be writing today! 

Guys, the Kidnapped By Vampires series is the first story I've ever written. Now look at where its come. We're on the third book. The third freaking book! I'll tell you this right now, whenever I had published the first chapter of Kidnapped By Vampires, I never expected things to come this far. I expected to get like thirty views, and that's it. But nope, you guys proved me wrong. So, so wrong. Now, here we are on the third book with 5.9k reads. That's all thanks to you guys. Thank you so, so, so, so much for everything you've done! I truly to appreciate it!