Closer to dinner rims we all heard a car door shut in the driveway, then soon enough Chase stormed through the door. I didn't even look up, knowing he was am at me. Keaton and Wesley looked at me and gave me a questioning look. I jut shook my head.

We kept playing, thinking that everything was fine with Chase, but when we heard Lydia scream, "What the hell happened, Chase?" we knew it was something big. Lydia never swore.

We all out our cards down and went into the kitchen. Chase was sitting on the stool by the counter and his head was in his hands. When he heard all of us walk in he looked up and we could see what was wrong. His nose was bleeding a bit and he had scratches on the side of his face and his arms and hands. There were already bruises forming on his arms and it seemed like there was a tint of a dark spot below his right eye.

I walked up to him and he watched me as I did. When I got close he just looked the other way. He wouldn't look at me. He was disgusted. I did this to him. He was mad at me and he went out and got in a fight.

I backed away from him and slowly made my way upstairs to my room. He obviously didn't want to see me. I sat on my bed and held my head in my hands. Why was I such a bad person? I did this. He was so mad at me that he went out and fought someone. Now he's all hurt.

Small tears started to roll down my cheeks. It was difficult knowing that he didn't want anything to do with me. Especially after having that dream and finally knowing what I want. I want him.

Just then I heard a knock on my door. It was already open. Lydia slowly pushed through the door and have me a small smile. I wiped the tears away and looked up at her. "He's still downstairs. No one else is there. I'm sure he wants to see you. I think he wants to talk to you." I nodded and she left.

I got off my bed and walked downstairs slowly and quietly. I didn't want him to know I was coming. I entered the kitchen and just stopped before I could get to close. "Chase?" I said.

He looked up and turned around to look at me. He was holding a bag of ice to his eye. I walked towards him and took a seat on the stool next to him. "Are you mad at me?"

"No," he said and it was all he said.

I reached forward to help him ice. "Here, let me help you," I said while taking the bag from his hands and carefully holding it to his face. My fingers brushed against his cheek and I could see him take in a breath.

"Uh, what happened?" I asked trying to make it less awkward.

"What do you think happened?" he said annoyed and with a lot of sarcasm.

"Did you get in a fight with Jared?" I asked. He nodded. "Why?"

"He said all those terrible things about you and he made you do this," he said pointing to the cuts on my arm and my body in general referring to my eating.

"When did you find out?" I asked, my head hanging low.

"I had suspicions when Paige said you were probably in the bathroom the other day at lunch and the big fuss you made at the fair the other day confirmed it. The whole ice cream thing was just reassurance," he said. His hand reached up to mine which was holding the ice to his eyes and he took the ice from me.

I didn't know what to say. Chase fought Jared because he hurt me. "Thank you," is all I said. It's all I could say.

"What?" he asked confused.

"Thank you," I repeated. "For standing up for me." I gave him a small smile and he nodded.

"That's what I'm here for." He put the ice back to his eye.

"You didn't have to though." I looked down at my hands in my lap. "You shouldn't have fought him. You could have been hurt way worse."

He laughed a little bit but then reached for his side. "Look you don't have to worry about me getting hurt. You should have seen Jared."

"Chase, I'm serious." I reached for his hand, instinctively. "What if you had gotten seriously injured?"

"So what if I did. Jared can't just say those things about you. It's not okay. I can't just sit back and not do anything when he says stuff like that. You are beautiful and smart and funny and incredible. Words can't nearly describe how amazing you are and Jared just wants to hurt you because that's what he does. He hurts people. None of the stuff he said is true though."

It was silent. I was at a loss for words, once again. I was surprised. I didn't expect him to say that. "Uh, th-thank you," was all I said and it came as more of a question.

His head dropped down and he sighed. When he looked up again his eyes locked on mine and he just looked at me for a little while. His deep blue eyes staring into mine. One surrounded by a light purple bruise. They were so intriguing. It was like the clear water in the Bahamas. The way he gazed at me. He looked so charming and sweet.

I could see a smile forming onto my face. I don't understand why, but just being around him was making me so happy. He was covered in scratches and bruises but that just made me see him as my savior. He fought Jared to defend me.

His hand dropped onto mine and he started to lean closer. What was he doing? He started to get closer and I saw his eyes flicker to my lips then back to my eyes again. Was he going to kiss me? He couldn't kiss me. We were practically brother and sister. I mean we weren't really, but we lived in the same house. But this would change everything if he kissed me. We would be awkward and things would be complicated. I watched as he got even closer, just inches away. But he does look really cute.

Then my eyes closed and his lips pressed onto mine. All of the doubts I had quickly washed away and I was calm. I was happy. His lips were soft and I liked how they moved against mine. He started to move them more, but not too quickly and not too much.

Then we both pulled away for air and I was stunned. What had just happened? It felt like a dream. It wasn't my first kiss, of course. But it was different than the others. Any of them. It was mysterious and intriguing and soft and sweet, but also rough and exciting. It was something magical and something that I wanted more of.

Chase dropped his head once again and I could see the smile spread across his lips. His eyes closed and he just smiled. I did to.

"Please promise me that you'll stop hurting yourself," he said. "In anyway."

I thought about it. He was right. I should stop. But I wanted people to like me and I wanted to be what people wanted.

"Ellie," he said when I hadn't answered.

"Okay," I said quietly.

"Ellie," he said again, not pleased with my answer.

"I promise. I will stop hurting my self in anyway." It was hard to hear myself saying it.

His arms wrapped around me unexpectedly but it was nice. I smiled and rested my head against his chest as my arms were around his torso. "I'm proud of you. Your perfect just the way you are. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Including yourself."

Sorry for such a late update but I am sick and I'm not sure what's wrong it should be over soon but I'm finding it hard to find time to write. Please be patient and I will get the chapters done when I can.