Chapter 9: Only Time Remains

Several days had gone by and we had came up with an entire plan of our escape with no suspicion from other doctors. The only thing holding us back was a date... we hadn't figured out when we were going to break free. Our original plan of escaping without getting caught was to use the hidden corridors that go underground and outside the fence, but now I know that Doctor Hoffrey had other plans...

I still wasn't sure what had happened to Dr. Carson finding out about our meeting place until I saw Quinton. It was lunch time and I could see my own ribs after being underfed. I sat down and quietly waited for the rest of the group. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Quinton. I briskly turned around to greet him but stopped instantly. He had a dark black eye and his lips were badly cut up. I leaped, forgetting about the restraints holding me to the table and was quickly yanked back down. "OH MY GOODNESS, QUINTON! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

He explained that Dr. Carson tried to pry the information about the meeting place, but he refused to give it up. I tightly hugged him, whilst laying my head on his shoulder. I loved everything about him; His voice, the way he smelled, his mysterious eyes, and many other things. "I did it for you, Eliza." He softly whispered in my ear. "Did what?" I asked. "I held the information so you could be safe." At that very moment, I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time. A small, hot tear ran down my face. "HOW CAN THIS BE?! I THOUGHT THE LOBOTOMY DESTROYED MY EMOTIONS?!" I shouted. Quinton grasped my head and pushed it against his head. We held each other tight for about three minutes. "I'm so happy for you!" He exclaimed.

After lunch, we all met up with Dr. Hoffrey in the meeting place. We discussed the date of escaping and finally decided that in two days, we would follow through. After meeting up, the rest of the day flew by. The day after that was a Saturday. None of us knew that Saturday would be the last day we would see Dr. Hoffrey. This information is for me to know and you to find out.