Forty Seven

FIRST OFF, i know its been a long time so GO BACK AND READ THE LAST CHAPTER.

I made some slight changes that you might not notice but are relevant in this chapter.

EnJOOOY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You haven't even had coffee and you want to go play NASCAR?" Ryder shook his head at his leader. James ignored the remark and continued preparing his coffee.

Trevor shifted in his seat. "Why do you need to do it at the track anyways? Couldn't you just do it in an empty parking lot?"

One of James' eyebrows raised a fraction of an inch. "I don't remember this being a democracy."

His eyes slid over everyone in the room.

Everyone except Thea.

She couldn't help the hurt that bubbled within her at his lack of attention. It was something that had become familiar to her. The way he seemed to care what happened to her and the way he comforted her like no one else could.

He had broken through almost all of her walls. No matter how hard she fought to keep him at arms length, he had been there.

And now he was gone.

She shifted in her seat and cast her attention to the skyline.

So what if he stopped paying her attention? It's not like he ever cared anyways. She was a member of his gang. That was all.

Not to mention she was weak member. A burden. She had caused them nothing but trouble since she had gotten there. It made her question why James bad brought her into the gang in the first place. His rivalry with the Knights only grew worse and now he had to care for her, a broken useless rag doll.

An elbow lodged itself in her bruised ribcage and she gasped, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. "Thea!"

She whipped around to face Trevor and sent a punch straight to his gut, a little rougher than Lottie's swing before.

"I'm sorry!! I'm not used to you being so frail, okay?" Trevor earned himself another beating.

"Frail?" She picked up a butter knife someone had left carelessly on the table. "I'll show you frail you-"

Ryder's hand shot across the table, gripping her hand with a sense of urgence, although a sly grin spread across his face. "Let's not kill him just yet. We still need him."

Trevor, who was now practically seated in Lottie's lap was looking at Thea nervously. "Y-yeah you still need me." He had tried to sound confident, but his voice cracked and he sounded unsure.

Lottie scoffed and pushed the squirming boy way from her. "Yeah if you kill him I'll have to take care of Miley all by myself."

Trevor's jaw dropped in horror at the betrayal. "Is that all I am to you woman?" He crossed his hands over his chest, "Someone who cooks and cleans. You know I'm more than just a pretty face, right? I have feelings okay."

Lottie rolled her eyes while Ryder chuckled. "I thought Lottie was supposed to be the woman in this relationship."

"That reminds me." James cut in before Trevor had the chance to rebuttal. "The babysitter will be here in an hour."

He pushed away from the counter. "Trevor I trust you'll show her around."

Trevor jumped up, almost knocking his chair over in the process. "An hour? Only an hour. You should've gave me more warning. Nothings prepared." The argument with Thea, Ryder and Lottie was quickly forgotten as the boy began to rush around gathering everything the baby would need.