The Storm

Don was on the deck, holding on to the railing that kept him away from the ocean's waves.

I feel bad for you.

'SHUT UP! That was two weeks ago, why do you still feel bad?'

It was like hell for you. No one in that place cared.

Don looked at the horizon, seeing the sun lightly touching the water.

I'm guessing that was the same day when you were in that room. When Hoshi told you that you weren't a monster.

Takashi didn't answer.

I guess I'm right.

'Don, that's not the wrist thing about that day. And you might know why.'

Don was thinking about Takashi for a minute, then he got it.

When Hoshi died. But that memory didn't show Hoshi prignet.

'Look again.'

The memory of Hoshi. She was closing the door. Don looked close at her stomach. He saw her big belly.

She must have been seven months prignet.

Takashi staied quiet.

Then Don felt like something was caught in his throat, and felt slightly teary eyed.

Is the same thing going to happen to me. April is prignet and...the Foot are after me. They are going to kill her. They are...I shouldn't have been in her apartment that night.

Don turned his back to the ocean and sat down, while hugging his legs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was pitch black, but being part Takashi, Don could see almost as clear as day.

Then there was a bang. Don looked up and saw Kati walking over with a flash light.

"Don, you are killing me. Why are you out here in the cold and crying?"

She sat down by Don, leaning on the railing and staring at Don.

"Aren't you even hungry?"

Don gave her a death stare.

"Really? If I were about to die of hunger everyone will no longer be breathing fresh air."