Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"Of course I would." I smiled.

"Are you sure? I want to do whatever sounds good to you."

"Anything I get to do with you sounds good to me, as long as you feel up to it." I glanced down at her stomach, before returning to her beautiful glowing face. "I love how your skin looks. It's just a faint glow, but it's definitely there.

"It'll get a little brighter as it goes along. When it gets close to time, my hair will start glowing a bit too."

"I can't wait to see that," I replied. "Your hair already shines so beautifully." I paused as another look of pained sadness passed briefly across her face. "Are you sure you're all right?" I reached to lightly run my fingers over the side of her luminous cheek.

She leaned forward and took my face in her hands. "Every moment I spend with you is perfection, Bran. Don't ever doubt that." She kissed me, softly brushing my lips tenderly as if she were savoring it.

I returned her affection, matching her slow pace as the two of us moved together, languid and unhurried, taking time to just bask in this moment of two people in love. The thought surprised me—it seemed so natural, so right. I hadn't known Eirian very long, but I loved her. I didn't know if I'd ever been in love before.

I tried recalling any girls in my past, but was unable to think of anyone I'd ever felt like this toward. This—this was an amazing feeling, to care for someone this way. I could see my future ahead of me; my life here with this beautiful Fae and the children we would have together. It excited me—it thrilled me—it was like a dream come true.

Pushing the tray of food away, I laid Eirian backward against the pillows. "Have I ever told you I love you?" I whispered against her ear before kissing down her neck. "I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with you."

Tears flowed down her cheeks at my words, and I brushed them away with my thumbs.

"I love you too, Bran."

I chuckled. "Then why are you crying?"

"Because I want to spend forever with you as well."

"We will, and it'll be wonderful. Just wait and see."

Eirian clasped me tightly in her embrace. "Just hold me, Bran. Don't ever let me go."

"Never," I replied, burying my face against her sweet smelling neck. "I will never let you go." I felt my teeth strangely elongate, and I sank them into her flesh, eagerly swallowing the blood that welled there to greet me.

Eirian arched, gasping as I moaned with pleasure over the erotic sensation her blood caused within me. I couldn't get enough.

"Bran," she called, causing my ardor to heighten as she pushed at my shoulders.

I didn't want to stop and clung tighter.

"Bran, I need my blood for our baby."

Her words cut through my foggy mind, and I broke away from her neck, glancing hungrily at the blood still flowing there.

"You must lick it to close the wounds or they will not stop bleeding."

I did as she instructed, also cleaning away the remnants of blood that remained.

"What just happened?" I asked as I moved away, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. She smelled too good.

"You've completed your transition—much quicker than expected. I was hoping we would have a little more time together."