What are you doing?

"Alright then." Jean said. He was on the phone to Mikasa. They were planning to meet . Mikasa always wore the same scarf from her brother in law, Eren. He gave it to her when they first met, after he saved her from a situation nobody really knows anything about, she cherishes the scarf and wears it whenever she can. This fact made Jean really jealous. He wanted Mikasa to hold something dear from him, rather than from "shrimp-dick Jaeger."

Jean left his house in a hurry, but stopped immediately when he got to his car. "Marco..." He pondered. Was Mikasa who he really wanted?  He didn't have a moment to spare at that time, so to take his mind off it, he went to pick up Mikasa, who seemed lively. More lively than she was at school, but she could've been at least a bit more excited. Regardless, Jean and her still went out and had a lovely meal together.

-

"Tell me a little more about your life, if you will?" Jean smiled at her. He thoroughly regretted ever saying that to her now after the meal, since it ruined the whole night for the both of them. Mikasa was more silent than an inanimate object when he asked her that, because life before they met was a constant struggle for her, and it was the time when she obtained that red scarf she was even wearing on the date. She wanted to forget that was ever asked to her, so she quickly changed subject. "That's not important... Do you like how my hair looks tonight?" She said... Or, something along the lines of that. Mikasa knew Jean had a thing for her hair, and he had every right to, it was silky smooth, long, and blacker than the night sky. Many tiny features like that were what Jean loved most.

The date ended too fast for Jean's liking, so they agreed to organise another date soon. A relaxing night that ended up making Jean extremely fatigued was not what he planned the outcome would be. However, at the same time, he was glad it was over faster than usual. He was so off his game tonight because of someone else. He himself always said you shouldn't be thinking of other women while on a date with one. But he wasn't breaking any rules, right? Marco was a man, from what Jean knew, so Jean was doing no harm. What would it amount to? Virtually, nothing. But in a vague future Jean could see himself "tapping that" at least once...

Or twice

Or three times...

Maybe more...

"That's not importan-" Jean shouted, lifting himself from his bed quickly, getting up sideways, and then hitting his head. "Agh... Shit..." Why couldn't he get such a "pathetic little kid" out of his mind?

Younger than him. And yet, smarter than him. Wiser? Maybe, Jean was pretty wise himself, though. 

"No, no... Jean. Pull yourself together. What are you doing?" Jean held the spot on his head where he had just hurt, the majority of the pain held back by an avalanche of thoughts. No, a whirlpool--no, a tsunami. Yes, perfect, a tsunami, they were all just flooding in, and who could prevent it if Jean himself couldn't? Nobody. That's the beauty of such a metaphor.