Chapter 25 - Different

Start from the beginning

"I know right." I told him with a grin as I continued to skip my way out and head towards my car.

It's going to be a good day.

* * * * * *

"Does this smile means something or am I just imagining things?" Terry commented as her form of greeting.

I found her at the locker area, alone. She's eyeing me from head–to-toe with a perplexed look plastered on her face. "Something's different about you." She added

"Different is better." I told her with a smile. Her frowns deepened but I intentionally ignore it and open my locker instead.

Good thing the rest of the girls weren't here because I know that they will continue to throw comments and questions here and there, which were the things that I would like to avoid at this early in the morning.

"Since when different is better?"

"Since I started it." I answered her in a matter of fact. I turned to Terry and laughed at her puzzled look. "Oh come on, Ter. Don't over react."

"This different is creeping me out. What's going on? For someone whose boyfriend is away for camp, you sure looked happy and giddy."

And just like that, my happy bubble burst. Way to ruin my morning, Ter.

"We... we kind of broke up last night." I mumbled.

"What!" Terry shrieked, loud enough to catch attention from the people around us.

"Ter, seriously? Is it really necessary to shout?"

"You broke up? Why?" She asked in a hushed tone.

"Some things are just not working out." I simply answered.

"Some things are not working out or someone is already working you out?"

I gasped at her accusation. "That is so judgmental of you, Ter. I can't believe you're saying that."

"How do you expect me to react, huh? You hopped your way here cheerfully, looking different than your usual self, and you're happy after your breakup with your boyfriend? So, tell me Court, how should a friend react to that, huh?" Terry asked me with an intimidating stare.

But it didn't falter me. Instead, I held my chin up and match up with her determined look. "Asking nicely would have sufficed, you know. Something a friend for a very long time would do instead of throwing accusations."

Terry's features softened, and her face turned apologetic. "I'm sorry, okay? It's just that... I'm worried. For the past few days you looked stress about this deal you made with the geek—"

"His name is Chad. The geek has a name, Ter." I interrupted her.

"Chad. He's Chad now, huh." Terry's brow was raised in question. "Now I'm not going to throw accusations and jump into conclusion, I'm going to ask you in a nice way. Are you falling in love with Chad?"

"What? God, no! What are you talking about? Are you insane? Seriously? Are you out of your mind?"

"You know, a simple no would have sufficed." She told me in a teasing tone.

"I'm not in love with him, Ter." I gritted my teeth in irritation because of the look she's giving me.

"Whatever you say, Court. But in case you forgot, this is supposed to be a game, remember? You're not falling in your own trap, right?"

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms to my chest and waited for her answer.

"It's your general idea to make the ge—Chad fall for you to get the papers and graduate. But the way I see it, you're starting to be like this to make Chad fall for you, not because of the papers anymore, you're doing all this because you like him and you want him to like you back." My eyes slightly widened at Terry's theory. I was about to protest but then she already beat me on that.