Chapter 12 | Threats and Promises

Start from the beginning

A knock at my door sounded and I called out 'come in.' thinking that it was probably Jamie wanting to know where the remote control for the TV was again.

The door opened and Will came in. he smiled at me and I sat up on my bed.

"Hey what's up?" I asked him.

"Um, could we maybe continue talking? You know from yesterday?" he asked.

"Sure," I motioned to my desk chair again as I waited for him to sit down and start talking. I watched as he sat down and spun around in the chair once, looking around my room.

"So I was just wondering if you told anyone about the whole Hailey incident," he began and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You call kissing a girl an 'incident'?" I asked incredulously.

"I do when it's a girl like Hailey," Will muttered.

"I haven't told anyone," I promised him. "Its none of my business who you kiss," I told him, smiling.

"Ok, thank you," he breathed a sigh of relief and I wondered why he didn't want anyone to know, "so I just wanted to-, hey who's this?" he asked suddenly, holding up a photo that was on my desk.

I peered at the photo and my heart stopped.

He was holding up a photo of Dylan.

I leapt up from the bed and ripped the photo from his hands.

"No one," I rushed, putting the photo in my desk draw quickly. Will sat there in shock before smiling.

"Do you have a secret boyfriend Maisie?" he teased.

"Its no one," I said, sharper this time and Will's smile fell.

"Maisie are you ok?" Will suddenly asked, reaching out the steady me as I swayed. My head felt suddenly very heavy and disoriented. My heart was racing and I was breathing faster, as if not enough air could get into my lungs.

"Maisie!" I heard Will exclaim just as everything went black and I was falling.

It was a warm, sunny day and I was currently sat on the hood of Dylan's car as he sat beside me. The sun was setting over the hills and we had decided to sit outside to watch the sun go down.

His hand was intertwined with mine as we talked about the future. We had been together for nearly 6 months now and I was completely and utterly happy.

"I was thinking of Brown," Dylan told me.

"Hmm," I mused, looking down at our intertwined hands and smiling. We were currently discussing colleges and what we were going to do after high school.

"But my dad wants me to apply to Columbia, where he went," Dylan said and I looked up to study his expression.

"Do you want to go to Columbia?" I asked him.

"Well, I wouldn't mind going there but I think Brown will be better for me," he explained.

"Have you told your dad about Brown?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I think if I didn't go to Columbia it would break his heart. He's already started giving me all of his old college stuff," he sighed, running a hand through his hair and messing it up.

"Well I think, that if you really want to go to Brown you should do it. You don't want to spend your whole life regretting making a decision for someone else and not yourself," I encouraged.

Dylan twisted around to face me and smiled. He reached out with the hand that wasn't intertwined with mine and brushed away a stray curl from my face. I loved how sweet Dylan was. I looked down at our intertwined hands, his larger lighter one wrapped around my smaller darker one tightly.

"You know, I'm gonna love you forever girl," he breathed, leaning in to place a soft kiss on my lips before pulling me closer and tucking me into his side.

"I'm gonna love you forever too Dylan," I breathed back as we sat and watched the sun go down. The future was forever but for now I was happy and content with the boy I loved.

"Maisie!" my eyes fluttered open to see Will leaning over me. His brow was furrowed in concern and he looked panicked.

"Maisie? Are you ok? What happened?" his hands fluttered over me, checking for injuries. He threaded his hands through my hair and lifted my head slightly, feeling the back of my head for a bump probably.

"Will," I breathed, my thoughts coming back to me as I realized that it was just a memory. I was currently lying down on my bedroom floor, with Will leaning beside me. I must have fainted.

I groaned as my head began to hurt.

"Maisie what the hell just happened?" Will demanded.

My heart started to race faster. If my sister found out that I had another flashback she would tell our mum.

And my mum would make me go back to see a doctor. I didn't want to go through that whole process again.

And they were just memories. Really, really good memories.

"Will," I said seriously, "you cant tell anyone about this." I stared into his eyes seriously as he shook his head in confusion.

"Maisie you just fainted, why can't I tell anyone? What just happened?" he asked, still looking panicked and confused.

"Will, promise me you wont tell anyone that this happened," I demanded and his eyes widened in surprise.

"I promise," he shook his head, reaching down to grab my hand and hold it just as Dylan had, "I swear I wont tell anyone Maisie."

AN: Shorter chapter? IDK but I tried. Let me know what you think! Comment and vote! :) x

Picture of Dylan to the side --->