The Date

"Come on!" Niall yelled for the third time.

"One second! I have one more strand of hair!" I said while straightening one more price of hair. I quickly slipped on a black shirt, black jeans, and a black flannel. I slipped on some converse and grabbed my phone. I had some bronze eyeshadow with eyeliner and some red lipstick. I ran downstairs and Niall smiled at me.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"I've been ready. The question is are you ready?" He paused for a second.

"Yeah. Go on and go on your date." I nodded at there was a knock at the door. I walked to the door and Derick was there.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." I walked out and we walked to the car. We got in the back and the driver started driving.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The car stopped and we got out. I looked around and saw that we were at the beach. He walked over to me and smiled. I grabbed his hand and we walked down a path to some stairs. We walked down and sat on the sand.

"So, where are you from?"

"I was born in Louisiana, but my parents came here and then put me in an adoption center."

"Why'd they come to California?"

"I don't know. Better drugs I guess."

"Oh. Sorry for asking."

"It's fine." Everything went silent.

"So. Tell me more about you." He said grabbing my hand smiling. I smiled back and started telling more him about me.

••••••••••

"I had a panic attack when I saw Niall walk in the adoption center. Then I had a panic attack again." We both laughed.

"You're cute." He whispered. I blushed and smiled to myself. "Wanna go walk?" I nodded. We got up and walked along the beach. We walked over to the dock and walked down it.

"Tell me about you." I said hopping onto the railing and sitting down. Derick stood in front of me and grabbed both of my hands.

••••••••••

After about an hour we started walking back to the front of the beach where our car was. We slowly walked back hand in hand. I stopped him and he turned around.

"I don't want this date to end."

"I don't either." He looked at me and leaned forward, he pressed his lips against mine softly and pulled me closer. After a bit I pulled back and smiled. He smiled back and we started walking. I jumped on his back and we walked to the car. We got in and I grabbed his hand. I leaned forward to kiss him.

"Hey guys." I heard a thick Irish accent say. I jumped back and looked in the back seat. Louis and Niall were sitting there.

"Oh. Hi." I said.

"You seem disappointed to see us." Louis said to me and Derick.

"No. It's just. We're surprised." I said kind of annoyed. I sat back in my seat and grabbed Dericks hand.

"Hey Ashley?" Niall asked. I turned around again.

"Yeah?" I said. Niall looked at me for a second.

"Where's you lipstick?" Niall asked.

"Oh I must have licked my lips a lot." I lied.

"Oh really?" He asked. I nodded.

"Hey Derick." Louis said.

"Yeah." Derick turned around. Louis studied his face. I closed my eyes knowing what was going to happen.

"Why are you wearing red lipstick?" Louis asked.

"Crap!" Derick and I whispered in unison slowly sitting down.