Chapter 9 - Vampire Prince

So guys!! as I promise the next chapter!

4 years later...

Jesslyn

My turn! Finally! Catherine has been taking a bunch of chapters.. anyway..

Ok! so I've been working on my career harder and harder and now I've become a global singer/songwriter that is well known all over the world. My family has supported me through encouragement and not using money (from what I know) because I want this success to be because of my talent and not because of my family's money.

I'm 17 now. I did attend some music schools  and graduate with Master of Music degree. Music is my life. Literally.Although my parents have been telling me to look for a boyfriend, well I'm thinking that I'm still young! and there's a whole life ahead of me. Just because Jason has found his soul-mate, Caroline of course, doesn't mean that I have to look for mine now, right?

So this year, my parents wants me to go to the annual ball on freedom day. I'm old enough to take care of my self and protect my self now, in case something happen at the party they said. So I'm going to attend the party next week. I'm currently at a designer shop designing my dress for the party, since I am a famous celebrity now, I have to make my own dresses. It's so annoying that sometimes, I just want to buy clothes from department store. 

The Next Week at the Ball

The ballroom was elegant, it's classic, no wonder since we're at the vampire kingdom castle. My family become the guest of honor, like as we do every year. Then at 7 pm the vampire king and his family came out. They looks like a real royal that you've seen at the movie, in 18th century. They have pale-white complexion, their eyes have the same color just as the humans, some are brown, hazel, green, blue and grey. The women are quiet and acting like the queen and princesses in the past. I can't even imagine how can they stand so straight and wearing those heavy dresses or maybe it's not heavy at all for them, after all they're physically a lot stronger than humans. 

Then at the back, I see a guy or a man. He looks like an early 20 years old man or a guy at his late teens. He has short hair just like the guys at this century has, blue eyes and light brown and almost blond hair. He has a posture like a leader. I can't stop looking at him. There's just something about him that makes me can't look away. Then again so is all the girls in the room, he's just flawless. I tried to look away but then suddenly he took a deep breath with his eyes closed, he started to follow the scents he just smells. I don't know what smells, vampires has sharper senses than humans but it looks like he's looking for someone. His eyes wondering around the room, then slowly he started to look from left to right and then his eyes met mine. 

He just stopped moving right there. I didn't realize that I hold on to my breath. And we just stared at each other for about a long time or not I don't know, and slowly everyone in the room started to look at both of us. The room became quiet, then he started walking to my place. Then he's standing right in front of me. He is tall alright, about 6 foot or so, and I'm a pretty tall girl but still I have to look up at him. We starred into each other eyes, then I felt his hand on my cheek. I unconsciously lean into his hand. I heard some gasps from people in the party. Then my dad said something, I thought. Then I snapped, I took a step back and looking around, then at my parents. They were shocked. I heard a growl I think, It's from the man in front of me "Don't step away from me". I raised my eyebrow. "You're my beloved. I'm the crown prince of the vampire kingdom, Prince Nicholas Harrington." Then he put his hand around my waist. I gasped and keep looking at him, not saying a word. "What's your name sweetheart?" he asked. "Jesslyn". I never thought that I'd have a vampire as my soul-mate. Moreover the vampire prince. 

Then I start to think. Werewolves and vampires possessiveness usually makes the women won't be able to do what they want, and that means my dream as a singer and my routine which makes me have to go around the world and can't stay at the palace. Because that's what a princess do right? staying at the palace, then again you'll be thinking I'm the princess of Atlantis. The thing is vampire has strong culture, from the 18th century or the century before it, where the girls has to obey the men, we can't give our own opinion, or act freely. Then I started to struggled to move away from him, the prince. But he just keep tightening his hold on my waist. "What is it?" He said. "I.. I just.." "Jess" My dad said, then he speak in my mind "you have to think carefully, do you want this? But if you don't accept this think of the consequences" He is right of course, my dad usually is. The consequences can be fatal to the whole world, if I reject him then it can raise another world war between human and vampires. 

So I said "I, Jesslyn Sheryl Mcflare, accept you Prince Nicholas Anthony Harrington, as my beloved and my king for the rest of my life" Then a big smile appeared on his face, and god, that just makes him look like an angel. That is the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Then suddenly he kissed me, he kissed me! on the lips! Though I was shocked at first, then I slowly close my eyes and responding to his kiss. I don't know how long the time has passed then he pulled away and said "I, Prince Nicholas Anthony Harrington, accept you, Jesslyn Sheryl Mcflare as my beloved, my queen and the only love of my life". My heart filled with so much happiness then, I didn't know that humans can also feel something from the bond of their beloved. Then the king announced "Let this party also become a celebration for my son and his beloved - our future queen! After several centuries he finally find his soul-mate!" The whole room cheers around. 

Then I looked at my parents, my mom was smiling happily, but my dad, well, he looks confused, happy and worried at the same time. I wanted to laugh at his expression. 

I felt someone tugged my elbow "Come on" Nicholas called me. He brought me out of the ballroom to a really huge room. I guess it's his bedroom. We stopped at the entrance and he stayed there while I go in to the room and fascinated by it. The room it self is a combination of ancient and modern architecture. It has a huge TV LED, computer, sofa, piano, book shelves, and bed of course. Then I looked back to the door. He smiled at me and I can't help but smiled back. "We need to talk" I said. Then close the door and walk towards me with smile in his face. I took a deep breath "I uh.. so how will this beloved things work?" "From today on you stay in this room with me, you'll be my princess and soon to be queen of the vampires. I'm going to mark you, were going to married and you'll stay by my side and rule the vampire kingdom with me." "Woah woah... wait big guy. I'm just.. what.. Ugh.." I try to relax my self and find the best way to explain. "Okay. Here's the thing. Humans are different than vampires and the time has changed, I can't just stand by your side and doing nothing. I want to reach my dream. I want to be able to travel the world and still be a singer and I can't just get married like that. I'm still 17 years old girl for god's sake." He narrowed his eyes at me "I heard that women these days are different and more straight forward, they have more demand. If your demand is about jewelry and clothes and any other thing maybe I can help with that but your dreams --..." "Please Nicholas" I took a deep breath and stepped forward to touch his arms "Please. I need this. It's been my dream since I was a kid. It's really important for me. I'm a human and our live is short. I need this." "Your live is not short. I have to change you soon enough." "No. I want to stay human" "This is not up for discussion Jesslyn. You have to rule by my side so you have to change. You can't grow old" "But... Fine. I will change on one condition." "What is it?" "I still have to do what I want to do, and I want to be my self at the palace" He was opening his mouth wanting to stay something, but I stopped him by my hand "Wait. I will stay by your side, be your support and loyal to you. I will love you. I can see our future. But I need to be myself, I will know you're the one who makes the decision in the kingdom but I want to be able to have a role in it, with your permission, and also I want to still be a singer/songwriter. But I will stand by your side and be there when you need me. I will marry you, but not now. The age of marriage that is acceptable for me at least wait until I'm 20" "And for the mark?" "I don't really mind, I'm yours anyway?" Then he smiled. Then suddenly his eyes changed to a darker color that it's almost black, is that even possible? and with a low voice he said "You're mine" moving his face at the crook of my neck. "Okay. I'm following your conditions" he pulled back and stare in to my eyes again.

Then he started to move closer and closer. His lips getting closer and closer to my face, then his lips met with mine. It was hard and soft at the same time. he deepened the kiss and started moving his hands to my waist, and I moved my hand to his neck. Then he kissed my jaw then slowly move to my neck. He teased me biting it slowly, it doesn't hurt yet, then suddenly I felt his teeth biting me. he is drinking my blood and marking me. my consciousness started to become less and less. 

Just before I passed out, I heard him said "I love you Jesslyn Mcflare, I will make you my queen and the happiest lady in the world." Then I felt the softness of the mattress on my back and his arms surrounding me, pulling my waist and my body to his chest. And then I fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like this chapter? It's my favorite chapter for now !! 

Wait up for the next!