Chapter 5 - Jesslyn

Now! I’m going to introduce you with another POV be ready!

Jesslyn

I’m sitting in my room looking at the cityscape from the balcony after the whole tour around the palace by Jack. My room is designed just like how I wanted it to be, I bet mom and dad has prepared this for us. The whole them of the room is colored in light brown and the furniture along with the interior design has vintage style. There are bookshelves of course my parents know I really really reaaaally love reading. Then there’s speakers and stuffs, fireplace, bed, study desk, sofas, and a dresser well some day I’m gonna use it for sure, just not now. This palace is just huge and my mind is full of curiosity to learn more about Atlantis, its culture, people and everything about it.

I tried to rest but every time I close my eyes I always remembering the tragedy that happened yesterday. I know that it was about to happen. I’ve foreseen it and warned my parents about it, for some reason my abilities are more advanced than my brother and sister. But my mom said that it’s fate and we can’t avoid it the only way is to face it and do our best to get the best outcome from it. They’re hiding now from my uncle, I don’t even understand how can he be my dad’s brother. I mean they just totally different like black and white, My dad is the most generous, kind, wise and amazing gentlemen I’ve ever known and his brother is just.. so evil. I can’t even believe they’re siblings.

I don’t know where they are. They hide themselves from us so that we can be safe. They want us away from them because my uncle only after my dad. I know they just want to protect us, but I was just hoping they found other ways aside from this. We need our parents to support us and guide us. I almost can’t bear to see how Jason got all of these responsibilities on his hand. But I won’t be just stay still for sure, we’re in this together and I’m gonna help him in everyway I can. Catherine though, she’s been so quiet which is not like her. She’s always been happy and funny, I kind of understand cause she’s really close to my parents and not ready about this, at least I know this was about to happen. Then again I can feel what she feels which sometimes makes it harder to control my self to get stronger to help my brother and sister. I can’t help this uneasiness inside me, it’s feels like there’s something bad is going to happen. Yes I can see the future but I’m still a child, I need more training to be able to use my abilities to it’s full capacity.

We have these abilities because we’re part of the Atlantis’ Royal family, other than us our advisors has kind of similar abilities, they kind of like witch/warlock whatever you call it. One of the differences is that they also our protectors, like they can shield us somehow. I don’t know how it works exactly never seen it before, that’s just what I’ve heard from some of mom’s story. But as years and centuries has passed the advisors abilities has started to fade, we don’t know why exactly and there’s only one lineage from the advisors which is the most powerful and the first advisor. They also the descendant from the most powerful warlock named Louis who casted the fog around the island so that it can’t be seen by others. The problem is after he casted the fog spell he ran away and made a new life somewhere else, so we don’t know where they are now. I don’t know why they ran away. But my instinct told me that this is going to be a big war someday and we need them – the descendant of Louis to help us.

Suddenly there’s a knock on the door “Jess, it’s dinner time”. That sounds like Jason, so I walked to the door and open it then there he is. He stood there smiling, he’s taller than me of course he’s older after all. Then he took my hand and we’re together heading towards Catherine’s room. “Kate. It’s dinner time” I called her this time. But there’s now sound or respond, Jason called her this time but still there’s now respond. So we just let ourselves in and we saw her on the bed, she’s not sleeping, her eyes were opened but it’s empty. It’s like the eyes of people that have been crying for days and they just can’t cry anymore because they don’t feel anything anymore. That made me worried so much. Jason sat on the side of her bed and gently held her. “Kate, it’s okay, you’re not alone. We’re here together” then I joined them. After a while I stand “Come on, let’s eat we have to stay healthy that’s what mom and dad want”. But Catherine just stared outside the window “I don’t wanna eat” she whispered. Jason and I looked at each other with worried expression on our faces. “Please Kate, you make us worry” Jason sighed. That’s what makes Catherine look at us. Finally! Then I smiled weakly and offered her my hand, Jason offered his hand to. Then she took it and together we’re heading towards the dining room.

“There you are. I was starting to think that you guys were lost somewhere” Jack looked at us. Rick raised one eyebrow at Jack “That’s impossible Jack, you know how genius they are. They practically have photographic memory.” Jack laughed “right”. Then Rick walked to us “Come on in your highnesses. Dinner’s ready”. “We’re just 3 children and with you guys 2 adults, why do they prepare the foods as if it’s for 30 men?” I frowned. Some of the people in the room go tensed. I think they’re the one who cook them. “We don’t know what you like My Lady, that’s why we just cooked some dishes that we assume you’ll like” one of the teenage boys told us. “Okay” I shrugged but smiled a bit to them “Thank you though”. They relaxed a little. 

            After dinner Rick brought us to the King’s study. “This is your dad’s office, but I guess it’s yours Jason, for now” He gestured us to have a seat. “Okay listen, you know the situation right? Your parents have told you?” We all nodded. “You guys can’t stay here forever, you’ve got school and everything. So we decided we’ll take you to San Francisco. We can’t go to LA, your uncle may try to look for you guys there. It’s safer in San Francisco. we’ll have our guards and warrior there to protect you. That’s our plan for now”. “I want to learn how to fight Rick” We all surprised and turn our heads to Catherine. “I don’t want to feel useless anymore. I want to learn many things and help my parents, my family, my people and those around me” she continued. Rick blinked and stared at Catherine, Still shocked I guess “Ehm, Okay sure. But you’re just 4-”. “It doesn’t matter. I can learn, I’ve always been good and fast at learning” She frowned at Rick now. Jason and I both turn our heads facing Rick now. Well this is… amusing. “I agree” I said. “Me too. We’ve got to train” Jason added.  

            “Okay” Rick answered right away. Do we look that scary? Then again we’re their prince and princesses after all, maybe that’s why. Rick told us that we’ll go to San Francisco tomorrow and he’ll prepare everything for us. I’m going to stay strong and support my brother and sister. We’ll protect and support each other. I know that. I love them and I’ll do anything for them, and it’s the same for them. My uncle wants to take over the throne? We’re just find a way some how that that’ll never ever happen.

            That night, we slept together with Catherine between Jason and me. We held each other hands. We’ll always be together.

------------------------------------------------------------

2 chapters in a day!! yes!!

So how is it guys? Sorry it’s been too long I know. I’m gonna have exam soon, that’s why I’m updating this first. I’ll try to update every week or month at least.

Next story it’ll be better, there’ll be surprise for you! I hope you’ll like it.

For those who have voted thank you so much! I love you guys ;)

Please don’t forget to comment and vote! :)