Chapter 6 - Grow

Hey guys! I'm soooo sorry. Just finished with all the exams, reports and starting the preparation for TOEFL and my internship program. Okay so, here's the next chapter. hope you'll like it!

Jesslyn

The next day we started our training session and well, just as I thought. They don't really give us the fighting lessons practically but theoretically and gave us examples by using the other adults as their fighting partner. But hey, it still counts for something because we learn something from it.

Learning how to fight is not the only thing we do. We've been learning other things that are important for us too and the things that we like. We've learn the history of Atlantis and the world, math, science, literature, how to dance, etiquette, how to play some music instruments, singing, etc.

We continue the training even after we move to San Francisco and that's how our life goes on for several years with peace. But I know that he, my uncle won't give up. He'll come for us again one day and this time my parents won't be the only one that he's targeting but the whole family, which means that includes me and my siblings. And I won't let that happen. I'll protect my family. Always.

2 years later

Jason

I'm sitting in one of my dad's office in Seattle and currently watching the meeting that happen just in another room of this office from my computer. I've been following Charles for several months now. I'm not going to school like everyone else or my sister, I'm being home schooled. So now, here I am, watching Charles doing business meeting and deals to fill my dad's place while he's not around. I've got to say that it's so frustrating! this business world is so full of manipulation! I can't believe that those business man and CEOs have been able to do this for years or in some cases for their whole life. But I can't just throw away every business that dad has done successfully, so I might just as well learn about it and how to handle it.

After the meeting finished, Charles come back to the office. "So how did it go? I heard that there'll be another business party at Indonesia?" I asked. "Yes it seems. Many businessman are interested in that country. It has a good prospect in the future for the business and the population is over 200 million people! It's a huge market and opportunity". "You really do love business aren't you?". "Well of course, I won't be here otherwise". It's silence for a while then Charles move to take a seat at the sofa near the fireplace which located on my left side. "Oh by the way, you're coming with me to Indonesia." "What?! Why do I have to come? It's too far away, took about 20 hours by plane to go there. No way. I'm staying here." "You have to, don't you want to learn? It's your company too and we're going to expand to that country, it's the first time we want to do the expansion. So we really have to look over it." "But it's over 20 hours flight!". "Well then what? you won't expand the business? You won't make the company that you'r father has been successfully to grow? Other companies will take over your company at the top position now if you're not thinking of alternatives way! Stop complaining and think like an adult your highness."

Well, I'm a child! I want to say that but of course he's right. I can't just keep the company this way, it has to grow, go more global. "Alright" I pouted. "When will we go?". "Next monday". "Okay".

In the evening I'm back to San Francisco and I directly looking for my sisters and finally I found them in the library, as expected. They just loooove to read. "Hi" I said. They both glanced to me "Hey. How was today's meeting?" Catherine asked while closing her book. "They want to survey the country it self" "Where is it?" Jesslyn asked. "Indonesia" "Wow. that's far." I raised my eyebrow "You know about it?" Jesslyn does the same "What? I love to read so of course I know many countries around the world." "Huh, yes of course. Should've thought about that. Do you think it's the right choice to go there? I mean it's a pretty big decision to enter the market of a country for the first time." Catherine lay down on the sofa "Well you can try? why not? we expanded to Europe, Australia, Japan, China and some other countries so why not enter this country?" Jesslyn add "I think you should go, I feel there's something important about to happen, something that'll change your life." "really?" I asked "well if you said so. I'll go next monday" "It's a really long flight. Just be careful okay? Call us directly after you arrive." Catherine frowned, she's always been a worry wart. "Yeah sure sis." I smiled and hugged them both.

Next monday

After about 20 hours flights finally! we arrived at Jakarta. It's the capital city of Indonesia and where most international companies business are placed. It's so crowded! no wonder it's being one of the most populated country in the world. So far, we're going according to our plan to expand the business. Then after all the meetings and stuff, Charles took me to Bali. It's one of the most beautiful island in Indonesia. We're here for vacation and... another business party.

I've been introduced to some businessman or CEOs from international companies. They looking down on me of course, I'm a child but they won't dare to disrespect me since I'm also the heir of my father's company. Along the way, I got separated from Charles. This party is too crowded. I guess there really is many people think this country is a really good place to invest.

Suddenly I felt someone bumped in to me. I turned around and saw an asian-western little girl with dark brown hair staggered and about to fall then I quickly catch her hand and steadied her. Then we looked in to each other's eyes and suddenly visions about my future played in my mind. The future where I'm older, being a teenager and hand in hand with a teenage girl with dark brown eyes and hair, we're laughing together. We hang out together, hugged each other, kissed... and fight together in battles to protect something. then we grow older and married, have children and grand children. And that's when I know that girl is the one that standing right in front of me. I'm pretty sure my jaw reached the floor. She's so beautiful, she has a large dark brown eyes and hair with medium length. She wears a white dress with ribbon on her little waist.

Then I looked back into her eyes then she smiled. It's really breathtaking. After a while then I tried to fake a cough. "Sorry.. uhh.. Hi! I'm Jason and...uhh" I'm lost for words. Wow, that's a first. She giggled - It's so cute! and such a beautiful sound! I thought. "I'm Caroline. Caroline Yang Meyer." "Caroline.." I stared at her. "I.. um.. you saw that I suppose?" She asked. "What? You too? I mean can you see the future or read minds or what? I thought only my family can do that? It's just unbelievable. how-" Caroline giggled again "And here I thought I'm the only weird person with strange ability. you don't know how frustrating it is being the only that has those ability here. I thought I was crazy." "No, you're not. you're special. I know that. my parents always told me that we're special. people with these abilities. you know?" I scratch the neck behind my head. "Yes I guess so. so.. you're here with...?" "Charles. He's sort of like my dad's right hand man. and you?" "I'm with my dad. I got lost somehow, got scared but now that I met you I wasn't so scared anymore. It's strange though, because you're a stranger." "I won't be a stranger anymore soon Caroline." She blushed and I chuckled. I'm glad I come here.

———————————————————————————

So what do you think guys? do you like it? If there's any recommendation at all or anyone who can help me editing my story please just come and inform me.

Thank you guys for reading!

Don't worry I promise that the update of the next chapter will happening soon. I'm trying to make the update become weekly.

Please comment and vote!

See you on the next chapter!