Ch. 18

-Maddy's pov-

Me and Cam were on our way to Haye- Matt's room.

I knocked and Hayes opened the door. He gave me a glare and walked away from the door to his bed. Matthew walked up to me.

"I saw everything on the news. Are you ok??" He asked. Obviously he had no clue who the guy was.

"Matthew I need to talk to you." I said. I pulled him to his or Hayes's bed. I didn't care.

"What is it?" He asked.

"The- that guy....he was the murderer of our parents." By that point I sobbed into my heads that were propped up on my knees.

Matthew squatted down in front of me and held me arms and rested his head on my knees.

Silence covered the room for at least 5 minutes.

"How do you know?" Matthew said finally breaking the silence.

"That night we were hiding. Remember what he said?" I asked and took a sigh.

"Uhm...I don't really know." He said slowly. And he was confused of where I was going.

"He said 'I know you're in there.' In the same raspy voice he said it today. The voice. The sentence....it-- it rings through my head. 'I know you're in there.' 'I know you're in there.' Trying to imagine mom and dad. The sirens. Wee woo. I- I just don't know if I can ....can anymore." I said staring off in space letting tears slip. He was holding on to me. Tighter and tighter. I lied down and I felt a hand rubbing my calf. It wasn't Cam. He left. Matt is up by my arms.

I looked down and saw Hayes looking down and crying. I sat up.

I gave Hayes a hug.

"I'm okay. But not friends don't give hugs like this." I said making the hug tighter. I didn't feel him hug back. I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He pulled me into the bathroom.

"What's wrong is that....if I can't be with with you....than I can't be friends with you. It hurts to much. I can focus around you. Your beautiful. But all I did was...ruin everything. But the thing is ....if we can't be more then friends. We can't be friends. I'm so sorry." He said. He rubbed my thigh gently and it gave me shocks down my spine. A tear was filling in my eye.

No Maddy. He cheated on you. You never even had feelings for him. You said it yourself. You were a bit wacko when you kissed him and when youcsaid you would date him. Don't listen to your tears.

My mind said. I rubbed my head and just sat there.

Matt came in 5 minutes later.

"Hey its 8 now. Hayes and you are switching rooms. Me and can already moved everything." He said rubbing my back.

I nodded. I slept in his bed tonight.

Yes. There is two beds but I wanted the comfort of my brother right now.

Its just to sad to go through all this pain alone.

But somehow....I knew I wasn't alone.

•••••

Hey guys!! This might be late I'm sorry.

I'm trying to make this book original. I don't know how that's going right now.

But anyways. DM me for anything you want me to add. Like if you want me to add you in the book. I'll do it!!

Love you guys to the twilight zone of the sea and to the moon all the way back to my house!!

-Hannah