Chapter 14: 'Good Luck'

'Come in,' a booming voice issued through the door.
James had led me through the maze of corridors again and to a yellow-lit elevator, lined with mirrors. I had shifted uncomfortably amongst the other suited men and women that were gathering amongst me, yet they had all left for their stop quickly. Soon, it was only me and James in the elevator, and it carried on moving steadily upwards. Up and up we went, my waited meeting with the fated 'Boss' drawing ever near.
Getting off the elevator, I was greeted by a hallway, that was much more posh than that of the ground floor. Ornate wooden furniture was propped against the walls and a beautiful chandelier hung from the ceiling. Along with the chandelier, golden candles were sat at regular intervals. Windows were either side, and as I gazed into them, nausea had swept in fast. We were situated far in the sky and the people below seemed like tiny 'Lego' figurines.
James looked over at meI 'Come on Charlie! No time to ponder over these views now is there? Only joking, it is pretty beautiful from up here so high... But we need to be fast, were almost late and the Boss doesn't like waiting...'
We rushed down yet another two corridors before coming to a halt at a tall brown door. A golden handle was implanted into it and engraved into the handle was an elegant carving of the Sun god, Apollo.
I looked over at James. 'I guess I'll knock and introduce myself then...'
He nodded. 'Yeah go on. Good luck!'
I rapped on the door three times and a deep voice gave me the right of admittance into his posh office. Opening the door as he said, I was greeted to a beefy man, squeezed onto a tiny office chair. His shirt had gravy stains across the torso and his buttons seemed to burst. Approximately 3 hairs were combed perfectly against his otherwise-bald scalp, as if he believed himself to be the perfect hair model. He reached out a pudgy hand. I reluctantly took it, before wiping the warm sweat I had received from it onto my trousers.
'Welcome to my office Charlie White! I've been hearing a lot about you!'
I gulped. This could either be extremely good or extremely bad. I guess I'd just have to wait and see...