Chapter 10: Homeless

*CONTINUED FLASHBACK FROM PREVIOUS CHAPTER*
London was a huge place, to say the least, and, as the 16 year old boy I was, I cannot say that I wasn't overwhelmed. I had exited my train at Kings Cross Station and was greeted by towering stone walls and a crowd of bustling people, all rushing carelessly past me. I just hoped that my escape would last... London was a far enough place from the care home that almost no one here would recognise me, but if the authorities caught on...
Although soon, I had realised London wasn't good all around... On almost every street side, I was greeted by an insane-looking homeless man or woman, stretching out their worm hands, hoping for a small handful of change at the most... It was these people whom I had always been taught to steer clear of. Just drugs, violence and alcohol. Or so I was taught by the unforgiving society. Automatically I would quicken my pace as I walked past them unfortunate souls, hoping I would not be asked for money. They had a way of provoking guilt in a me, whether this was intentional or not. It certainly did make me feel guilty...
I would pass music stores and recording studios,yet I would never stop. I didn't know where I was going... Perhaps a sightseeing tour or maybe just a quick look around. Either way, I knew that I was lost. Lost in life. Lost in London. Lost in futile ambitions... Many times had I anticipated the thrill of producing music in such a recognised city, yet not once had I took into account the problems I would face. Where would I start. By visiting a records company? Who in their right mind would start a career with a mere 16 year old. By recording with my friends? This was a whole new world now, and I had not a single friend for support. I hardly even owned any money, or even a place to sleep, let alone a long-term living quarters. All this was starting to slowly seep into my brain, this sickening knowledge inviting a newer range of ambitions, swiftly replacing those of my forgotten, previous life. It all added together in the end. I would need money, a place to sleep and a means of hoping for recognition. My lack of luck defeats me yet again, as I am forced into a life of depressing poverty and sadness.

I am homeless.