Chapter 13: Plucked Strings

A reassuring buzz came from the guitar as I plugged it into one of the any amplifiers and I tested the strings: perfect... I glanced around the room. At the three other people; James, who gave me a friendly thumbs-up, and two technicians. They were all waiting expectantly for what was in store for them. Taking a deep breath, I held my fingers to the guitar neck, readied my voice, and began to play.
As I finished my second song, James burst into my half of the soundproof room and patted me firmly on the back. 'That's my boy!'
I grinned sheepishly, still clutching my beloved guitar in my calloused hands. The thick door was still open and I noticed the technicians applauding admiringly. I bowed jokingly, attempting to hide my obvious smile. Both technicians walked in, and one shook my hand vigorously.
'Alright! Hello Mr. White! My name is Michael and as you can probably tell, I am one of the technicians here at Black Raven Records! And this is my partner in all-things-technical, Liam.'
Liam waved, smiling.
'They were some impressive tunes! No, not impressive, extremely impressive!,' Liam complimented.
James chuckled 'Okay guys so flattery over. We need to record some more and then tonight we can take it to the boss. So 'Mr White', what do you say? You ready?'.
'Of course I'm ready James. I'll always be ready. Oh, and call me Charlie!' I winked.
After getting our top-notch recording equipment prepared again, I entered my recording half of the room and practiced my singing and guitar. After a minute of two, I was ready.
'We good to go?' Asked Michael, his finger hovering over a button, and his whole other hand fixed on several dials and switches.
'Yep, let's go!'
Now I only had one worry. James had mentioned about showing some of my music to 'The Boss' later. I just hoped upon hoped that he would understand...