Chapter Two: As a Child

Ever since I could talk, I had become deeply fascinated with the art of music. For hours, I would sit by our small radio in the kitchen, admiring whatever tune was playing at that moment. Later on, I would find that I had not been meant to listen to music, but play it...
Particularly, I had become extremely fond of acoustic-style music. This passion may have brought me to play the styles that I am so affectionate of today. My father was a business man at heart, and endeavoured to his workplace in the London city centre every day, yet whenever he was home, he was composing his own music up in our attic. Seeing my vivid adoration of music, he was extremely proud, and made it his new part-time job to, when he was home of course, teach me how to read and play music on his favourite instrument- the guitar. He owned an old Spanish acoustic guitar, and, much to my delight, would often play me warm tunes that I would relish into the future. He was a great man, and after I had became fluent in playing the guitar, he had decided that, for my next birthday, he would do everything in his power to buy me a brilliant instrument. He did not disappoint. By my 14th birthday, I had become able to play almost any tune I wanted, from reading the notes from a sheet, or by listening by ear. I had also been experimenting with my vocal skills- a successful independent guitarist would need to be able to sing along with their playing, or else who would take their time to listen? On the date of my birthday, I had awaken to a box standing in the corner of my room and two expectant parents leaning over me, clearly just as ecstatic as I was. Two years of saving money had gone into the present, so they hoped that all the effort would all finally pay off. The box was not sealed, and the cover had slid off with ease, revealing a dark brown mahogany guitar, polished to a fault. It was one of the best times of my life, and even in my now perilous times, whenever I saw the wonderful instrument, I remembered the happiness it had brought along with it. And that day, my father had seemed happiest of all, accompanied by my mother. But soon, the happy times would change dramatically, the beaming smiles soon replaced with a pale, expressionless face...