Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

We entered the house and I saw all the decorations and a big writing saying 'Happy Birthday to Sooyeon'.

I smiled and thanked them.

"We actually wanted to celebrate your birthday today. But I guess it didn't work out as we planned.", Vernon said.

Mingyu let me down on the sofa and Joshua sat down next to me.

"Does it still hurt?"

"Yes."

"I will bring the first-aid kid noona!", Chan ran to the bathroom and came back with the first-aid kid.

"Thank you.", Joshua thanked him and opened the box.

"And also thank you to you Mingyu.", Joshua stood up and gave him a 'man' hug.

"No problem. I think I will go now.", Mingyu was about to leave but I held tight onto his wrist.

"Can we talk before you go?", I asked him while enduring the pain that was in my body.

"Why not."

I stood up and walked out with Mingyu.

"Wait. Let me help you.", I held onto his shoulder and we walked out for a while.

We stood in front of Joshua's house and I started to speak.

"Thank you for saving my life. I thought I was going to die."

"No problem. I just did that what I had to."

"And I'm really sorry that Joshua punched you so hard. I can still see your wound.", I touched his wound softly and he let out a groan.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry.", I apologised and Mingyu just smiled.

"It's okay. Get well soon! I hope we can see eachother in the libary.", and then he left.

I walked back in and Joshua came out to help me.

"Is it still hurting?", Joshua held me tight and I smiled at him.

"No...now that you are here I'm feeling great.", Joshua smiled at my cheesiness.

"Why are you so cheesy. I thought I'm the cheesy one in our relationship."

"The tables turned."

Joshua laughed and we went back inside.

xxx

My wounds were slowly healing and the still celebrated my birthday.

Wonwoo gave me his present first because he had to go soon. I opened it and I saw that it was a book. My favourite book. I always wanted to buy it but my mom said that it's not worth buying books when there are libarys.

"Thank you so much!", I hugged him tight and he patted my back while hugging.

"No problem! I'm glad you like it! Well I really need to go now! I had a lot of fun today! Bye!"

"Bye!"

Wonwoo left and now Chan gave me his present.

"I hope you like it."

I smiled at him and started to open it. I opened it and I had to smile right away.

Two albums from my favourite boy groups.

I got EXO's Exodus album and Infinite's Reality album.

I stood up and hugged him really tight.

"Thank you so so so much! I love it!"

"I'm glad!"

"So who's next?"

"Me!", Minghao handed me his present.

I was really thankful that he bought me a present even though we know each other for a short time.

I opened it and it was a cup with 'Friends forever' written on it.

"They told me that you like coffee that's why I bought you a coffee cup. Hope you like it!"

"It's awesome thanks!", I hugged him and hugged me softly back.

"Vernon? I think it's you turn."

"Yes. Here it is! I hope you like it!", Vernon sat down next to me and gave me his present.

I slowly opened it and it was a photo book. I looked at a few pages and saw a lot of pictures of him and me as children.

Tears started to come out of my eyes and I immediatly wipped them away.

"Thank you so much! Thank you! I love it!", I hugged him tight and he did the same.

"Happy Birthday.", he whispered in my ear.

"Joshua?"

"Can I give it to you in my room...it's really special."

"Of course!"

I stood up and Joshua and I walked upstairs to his room.

I was really nervous and excited.

We arrived in his roon and he closed the door.

"So here is your present. It's small but meaningful."

It was a little box with something inside.

I slowly opened the box and I couldn't believe my eyes.

>>Flashback

My dad passed away when I was six and he gave me a really special ring.
It may not look so special but the adventures I've been through with this ring are so special to me.

One day when I was ten I lost the ring somewhere and I never found it again. I was heartbroken and I cried the whole night and I felt guilty for losing so special.

>>End of Flashback

"H-How did you f-find my r-ring?", I was shaking.

"Remember when we went to a haunted house when we were ten. You lost it there. I found it and took care of it until your 18th birthday so I can give it to you!"

I couldn't control my tears and I hugged him so tight. I was so thankful.

"T-Thank you so much!", I cried in his chest and stroke my hair.

"Sit down first.", I was still in Joshua's arms and we sat down on his bed.

I looked up and he saw my wet face.

"Please don't cry. I don't like seeing you like this.", he wipped away my tears and kissed my forehead.

"T-Thank you. Just thank you so much.", I lifted my head again and kissed him.

__________________________

END OF CHAPTER NINE!