[31]: Unhappy Birthday

Start from the beginning

Well looks like the bitch was getting her own way after all. She was getting him on our Friday night.

"Sure. That's fine." I reply quietly looking at Ash before my eyes flicker to Tina, who tried to hide her smile but it was there. I said to him he wouldn't get an argument off me anymore where she was concerned, I just never thought he'd choose her over our Friday night together, even if it was for his birthday. She could have seen him on Sunday if she wanted to but I kept my mouth shut.

"Okay great. Meet me at my car as usual after college, I'll drop you off."

I went to sit down but Tina started talking.

"Ash is there a way Lyd can get a lift from Elliot or someone, it's just I won't get a lot of time with you tonight as it is." Tina replies, trying to act all nice and caring but I knew this was just another attempt from her to get rid of me.

"It won't take me long to drop her off Tina." Ash replies but I shake my head.

"I'll get Fin to pick me up, don't worry about it. You's go have fun."

"I don't mind honestly Lou."

"No go spend time more time with Tina; I'll just see you later. Just text me when you get back and I'll come over."

"I'll drop you off Lyd don't worry about it." Ayla says standing up and gripping my hand for support.

I knew Georgia and Elliot had rehearsals after college on Fridays now so he couldn't drop me off.

"See, all sorted. I'll see you later Ash." I smile at him before sitting back down.

"Okay, I'll text you later Lou."

"Okay, have fun." I whisper as I hear them both retreat back to their table.

"You okay?" Elliot asks and I shake my head at him as he links his fingers through mine.

"Please don't look at me guys I'm trying my hardest not to cry in front of everyone right now." I whisper to them, whilst staring at my finished lunch.

The bell rang shortly after and everyone began making their way to their next class.

"You can come watch us in rehearsal tonight if you want Lyd before you head to Ash's." Georgia smiles at me and I shake my head.

"Thank G, but I'm gona use the time to carry on making my outfits for the fashion show. I've got a lot to do before the show."

"Okay babe." she grins gathering her stuff up as do everyone else.

Lois grabbed my rubbish to throw away as Elliot pulled me to him and kissed me. "Don't let her win. Just let her have her way for now and Ash will see her true colours soon and you won't have to lift a finger." He whispers and I nod.

He was right.

I'd done my part in telling Ash what Tina was like and he didn't believe me, maybe now he'll see it for himself.

The rest of the afternoon flew by, and just as the bell rang for the end of the day I had put my last stitch into my first bikini.

"Oh Lyd that's brilliant." Ayla says standing up next to me as she packs up her stuff.

"Thanks, I like it. One down only twelve more to go." I laugh and then groan. That's a lot of outfits.

"I feel you girl, these next two months are going to be so tough but we'll do it together and get those internships."

"Yea we will." I grin back and her and bump my fist against hers.

Instead of heading back to hers, Ayla joined me at mine so we could encourage each other to keep working, and not to just sit on our beds and watch Gossip Girl on Netflix all night.