Chapter 17 ~ Hell Trip

Start from the beginning

      It wasn't a long walk to the shore where several monsters where still contemplating on following the rest of them across or staying. 

     It turned out, not all of them were fire resistant since a few who bravely dived into the orange and red liquid spontaneously combust into nothing.  I thanked whoever gods that were still on our side for sparing me from such a fate.

     The world was hazy, I couldn't see a wide distance around me unless there was a bright light coming from there, it felt like walking in the dark with matches. Right... Matches, I checked my pocket where I kept them from back at Camp where I lit a few torches at the Guard towers. 

     Thankfully they were still there intact and magically hadn't burned by thigh off from when I swam through lava. I picked up the closest thing  I had to a stick and tore my half tattered jeans into shorts before wrapping them around the stick. 

     I carefully approached the sea of lava once more and dipped it into it before walking back towards the area where there wasn't any Demons close to me before using my match to light it up.

     My makeshift torch illuminated another 10 meter radius that allowed me to see a bit better towards where I was heading. To my right was a huge cliff, on my left a huge field where I stood on stretched out. I could vaguely hear a river flow underneath the sounds of Demons yelling and talking among themselves in Egyptian. 

     My destination was the 12th house where Ra's boat would pass at dawn, I had to sneak on it and get out. I just needed to survive a few minutes on it as it goes out on the mortal world, when it does... I can find a way to jump out of it. 

     The field had dry grass everywhere and the soft blowing wind caused it to sway gently in an eerie way. The ground underneath the grass was somewhere close to red stone that gave a dull thump sound as I walked across it. 

     Truthfully? I was scared, memories of Tartarus was something that Percy and I tucked away into the back of our minds. We never talk about it, we just exchange glances every time it comes up as a topic and hold each others hands. Focusing on my goal was helping me keep the anxiety attack away but I was slowly losing it.

     After I walked for what it felt like forever until I reached a small house made out of red bricks and wood that was slowly decaying. Living here in Duat? I've read several magicians ended up being trapped in here forever by accident but they died within a few days. 

     I approached it slowly and decided to put my torch off first, there was a high chance that it was empty but my gut feeling told me that it wasn't smart to publicly announce my arrival to the occupant of the house.

     Voices were loud inside and occasional thumps could be heard. I peeked in from the corner of the window. The interior was nothing but clay with a table a few chairs and a lamp with maps and pieces of paper pasted onto the walls. Inside, 4 people were gathered around the table. 

     The people from Academy Du Couteau, like I saw in my dreams. The ones who destroyed the Brooklyn House and other nomes before terrorizing mortals. It was hard to tell the color of their clothes from the red glowing light but one of them was obviously wearing blue.

     The one clothed in blue said in a low voice "The boat is destroyed anyway, the others have no way of going in or out."

     The one across him, judging by the voice was a girl slammed her fist on the table "But we can't have those two running in Duat! They might mess up our operations."

     The boy beside her agreed "Who were the ones in custody of them?"

     The blue clothed boy replied "It was Isis and Horus, they stored them in the Shabti room back in the Island."