THREE

"Cleo.. Cleo.. Cleo. Wake up," I groaned, pulling my blanket over my head trying to block out Stephanie's squeaky voice. I just wanted to sleep, I needed sleep.

I groaned annoyed that she was still bothering me in the early hours of the morning. "What?" I snapped harshly throwing my blanket exposing my almost naked body. The cold wind slapped against my bare skins immediately I regretted it and pulled my blanket back onto my lower half of my body. Better, I thought to myself.

"You was screaming in your sleep," her voice lowered as she stared at me, I sighed heavily running my left hand through my hair, embarrassed .. "I was a bit worried so I thought I should wake you up," she continued.

"Sorry Steph." I apologised throwing her a friendly smile.

"Are you sure your okay Cleo?".

"I'm fine," I dismissed her. I knew by the look on her face she didn't believe me, "Steph, honestly I'm fine. Thanks for your concern but I'm good".

"You were screaming, really loud .. Who's Courtney anyways?".

"What?" I snapped at her, staring at her dead in the eyes. How did she know Courtney? Where did she even hear that name?

"Cleo chill," Steph left brow rose slightly as she continued staring at me, "you were screaming no Courtney no, don't hurt me. So I'm asking who is he?".

I sighed, shaking my head. "No - one Steph. No - one". I tried to reassure her but I knew that she wouldn't let this drop. She might for now but eventually we'll be talking about this again soon enough. I just didn't want my family caught up in my problems. This is my problem. I was confused to why I'm having all these mad dreams and flashbacks lately, I haven't had them in over a year. And now they are back? Why? I didn't know why but I will find out either way.

I didn't want my past to haunt me, it's called a past for a reason. I'm trying to move on from all that.

"He sounded like someone," she continued, "someone important".

I blinked a few times.

I realised a uneasy laugh.

"Steph. He's no - one, just someone I use to know".

She nodded, her eyes still lingered onto me. Boring through my skin. "If you say so Cleo," she sang, exiting my room forgetting to close the door.

After, I heard her room door close. A loud exhausted sighed escaped from my lips. My past was trying to haunt me. Pushing all the negative thoughts to myself, I reached over for my phone that slept on my dresser and checked the time.

10:46am.

"Might as well start my day now," I murmured to myself. I was slightly annoyed that, I was awake early for no reason has I had no college today but then quite happy, that I could go for a morning run. Something I haven't done in a while but needed to start getting back into again, I need that A1 body for my future husband. Yawing, I stood up out of my bed, stretching in process. I started to prepare myself for my morning run.

"Oh sorry! I didn't see you there," I apologised to a white man that looked like he was in his early twenties, who I had managed to run into. Pulling my earphones out of ears, I stared up at him. He was pretty attractive.

"It's all good," his deep cold voice sent tinkles down my spine and back up again.

"I should be on my run.."

His hands gripped onto my arm before I could set off again. The grip wasn't too tight but nor was it loose where I could get away if I tried. I looked down at his hands on my arms then back up to his face. Damn he really was attractive. His bushy eyebrows furrowed around his long dark eyelashes and dark green piercing eyes.