Chapter 1*

• Dedicated to Anybody who has lied to keep something they love protected.

Sex, Lies and Heartbreak - A Harry Styles Fanfiction

Chapter 1

My heart was beating out of my chest as I stood from the side. My palms were damp from sweat and my breath was shaky. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I wasn't quite sure why. I wasn't the one performing in front of a sea of people so why was I so nervous?

I gave Anne an anxious look only earning myself a wobbly smile. It was quite obvious Harry's mother was holding back tears. I prepared myself for the worst hoping it wouldn't dare to make an appearance. 

"This is it." I whispered to Anne before nibbling on my fingernails anxiously. I stood there watching Harry from the side as he strutted on stage. He looked so cute in his outfit today, and he made sure of it. He tried on about thirty different shirts until finally agreeing on a plain white crew neck T-shirt with a light gray cardigan over it. Along with that he wore light brown jeans, a green patterned scarf and black shoes.

"Kay, ready when you are." Simon responded to Harry's introduction, and I took a deep breath. The music lightly played and Harry's feet were tapping to the beat lightly. He kept his head down and I understood why. He was beyond nervous. I mentally begged him to look my way only to be granted the privilege of him doing so. I smiled back at him with a thumbs up, and saw him laugh lightly before the angelic voice of his began to flow out smoothly.

He sang "Isn't she lovely," by Stevie Wonder. The song was not only mine, but Harry's favorite song as well. That song is a huge part of our lives to be honest. It was our song. It was playing during our first kiss and many other significant memories I cherish. 

After what felt like seconds, Harry's performance ended and I saw him let out a relieved breath. He looked over at me, and smiled bigger. I heard the crowd cheer loudly from his performance which made me smile. I looked over at Anne who was already looking back at me with a proud smile. The tears that were once threatening to spill had now fallen, leaving streams down her cheeks.

The judges began to give their opinions on the performance, and I was a little nervous. Louie didn't like him, but the other two judges did. All he needs is two yes's, and then everything would change. He would be one step closer to capturing his dream, and one step closer to capturing the hearts of millions.

"Alright, Louie." Simon trailed off, waiting for Louie's answer.

"For all the right reasons, I'm going to say no." He said softly, and I saw Harry's face soften. I could tell he was upset, but his expression lighted up quickly once the audience booed. He tried to hide his disappointment, but I would tell it hurt his feelings.

"I actually think they didn't boo loud enough there." Simon joked, and the audience booed even loudly. Harry's lips curled into a small smile as he rose the microphone to his lips.

"Boo." He joked, and I saw Simon laugh lightly while I bit back a giggle. Harry was adorable.

"Nichole?" Simon asked, once again.

"I like you Harry. I'm going to say yes." Harry's eyes then lit up, and he looked over to me briefly before looking back at the judges. My heart began to race even faster than before. 

"And you'll be happy to hear, that I'll be agreeing with Nichole...you're through." Harry's eyes widened, before a big smile grew on his face. He thanked the judges quickly before turning towards me and running off stage. Before I had time to react, Harry picked me up into a giant bear hug as he spun me in a few circles. I giggled loudly as I squeezed him tightly. I pulled away gently when he stopped spinning me, and pressed my lips against his passionately. I felt Harry's hands squeeze my hips gently as he pulled away with a smile.