Heartbreak

Barry was gone in a flash.

He left after Joe had called him.

Walking to where Dr. Wells, Cisco, and Caitlyn were, Angela asked them a question.

"What caused Barry to have super speed?"

"When the particle accelerator exploded, it caused a theoretical storm. When Mr. Allen was struck by lightning his body changed. especially during the 9 months." Dr. Wells explained.

"Wait, I was struck too, would that mean I could be affected?" Angela asked nervously.

"It is possible, but we'll have to run some tests to be sure." Caitlyn said.

Angela stepped back, "W-what kind o-of t-tests?"

"Don't worry they won't hurt." Caitlyn said grabbing her kit.

"I-I'm not- I don't feel comfortable being tested on, please..." Angela said backing up against the wall.

"Alright," Caitlyn said cautiously placing her kit down on the desk, "we'll just ask you questions."

"O-okay."

I wounder why she's so afraid, Caitlyn thought to herself.

They sat her in a chair with a clip board, some paper, and a pen. They stuck some cords to her forehead to read her brainwaves.

"Write your full name then say it aloud."

"Angela Marie Timko-Queen."

"Alright now what is earliest memory of your childhood?"

"My first birthday party."

The questions continued for 10 more minutes before Dr. Wells cut in.

"Did the lighting bolt hit your head?" He asked.

"Yes I have a scar under my hair from the impact." Angela replied.

"Your brainwaves are irregular even for someone with a photographic memory. But there is no indication that you're a meta-human for sure. We'll just have to keep a close eye on you." He said with a smile.

"Don't tell Barry, please, he has enough on his mind right now."

"We won't Miss. Timko."

"Call me Angie."

---

"You lied to us." Caitlyn said, irritation laced through her voice, "How could you not tell us your experience and dizzy spells? God knows what's going on inside your body. Your cells are in a constant state of flux. You could be experiencing cardiopulmonary failure, or transient ischemic attack."

Barry looked over where Dr. Wells and Angela were.

"Mini stroke." Dr. Wells explained.

"Probably not." Angela concluded.

"You of all people should know that in science, we share. We do not keep secrets." Then she stormed off.

"Wow, I haven't seen anyone make her that angry since Ronnie." Cisco said as he follow Caitlyn.

"Caitlyn's fiancé? The one that died the night of the Accelerator explosion?"

"Yeah, he is, missed." Dr. wells replied as he started to wheel away, "Now, let's figure out why this is happening to you."

Angela crossed her arms and gave Barry a look.

"No matter how hard you try Angie, never be able to look mean." Barry chuckled.