Chapter 14: Spiteful Endings

Start from the beginning

Mom returned over the Christmas period and for New Years. I ended up staying with her over the two weeks she was home as well as Tori, Jesse didn't stay with her but he was happy to see her. Her reaction to seeing him though was priceless.

Everyone was home considering it was mid-morning. Dad was watching TV, Tori and I were in the kitchen eating breakfast and Jesse was asleep after being out all night doing god knows what. He didn't have a job so I definitely knew he wasn't working. There was a knock at the front door, and knowing Dad would answer it as we continued to eat.

"Lily?" Dad's voice rang through the house. Tori and I froze, my spoon halfway to my mouth. "When did you get back?"

"This morning, thought I'd come straight round here to see you guys." Mom. She was home. I haven't seen her in what felt like forever.

Me and Tori scrambled up from our seats and ran to the front door, me obviously at human pace. "Mom!" We called as she stepped in through the front door, Dad closing it behind her to keep the snow from coming in and to stop the heat from going out.

"My girls." She beamed her arms open wide as we fell into them hugging her tightly. "You've grown so much." She then hugged us both individually whilst Dad murmured about going to wake Jesse.

Mom looked at me carefully, taking in my appearance. "I can't get over how beautiful you look. Did you do something different?" She began to play with the ends of my hair brushing it out of my face.

"I've been using different skin care products." I said trying to throw her off. And she nodded her head accepting that as to why I looked slightly different.

"That must be it then." She said just as Jesse began to walk down the stairs.

"Mom don't freak out." Tori said watching the stairs as Jesse's feet became visible.

"Why would I freak out- oh my god!" Tori chuckled as I looked at my brother. This would be the longest we've been in a room together since he found out about me. After Bella was found he went back to forgetting I existed.

"Hey Mom." He smiled and she just stared at him in shock.

"What in the hell happened to you? You're like six foot five. Where did these muscles come from? Your beautiful long hair... You got a tattoo! Robert how can you let him do this!" Mom said staring at him.

"Come on Mom, I'm 19." He said hugging her.

"Have you seen the size of him? You expect me to control that?" Dad said pointing at Jesse, he was only teasing but I guess there was some truth to it.

When she left, Tori and I went back to Dad's and back to living with Jesse. He spoke to Tori but never to me. Mom still had until the end of February to decide whether she was moving or not and she sat all three of us down to help her decide. We told her that she should go, she loves her job and this is just something that she has to do. She said she's going to think about it for a bit longer.

Jesse had told me a few days after Bella's disappearance that he couldn't be seen speaking with me, that it wasn't right to be so friendly with me. I knew Sam had put him up to it, it was obvious. They all follow him around so he had obviously told them to stay away from me. I was glad Jared was away from me but I needed my brother and I missed Paul as well.