Remember Us [21]

Jasmine C.

I hated the fact that Benjamin didn't have to do anything for me to fall for him. Just one look, or the right word just makes me captivated. It was a curse that I cannot break off.

So when he asked me to go out with him I didn't hesitate to answer. Which led me to think about what's going through my head.

Indeed, I was confused, but every time I look at him I always swallow the confusion in my head as I stared at him in awe. My heart will start to hammer through my chest, my hands tingling to touch him, my lips lingering for his kiss, my thighs squeezing at the thought of touching him, my mind blank as I watch him.

Benjamin had that effect on me. He has this way, this charm, to distract me and I can't seem to stop it.

Then I go back to reality where I question my feelings, my insecurities coming back. I swear I want to stop those but it seems as if it's been tattooed permanently in my mind.

I turned to my bedside table, where I found a framed picture of Benjamin and I when we were younger. His fingers intertwined with mine as we walked to the park. I remembered Ariana taking a picture of us, and how embarrassed I was when Ariana started to tease us. It was a simple picture, but it explained a lot.

My mind drifted back to when we were younger, our sneaky glances and our touch of hands, our secret kisses and late night conversations.

It made me wonder if what we had was real. Was it just some kind of skinny love? Puppy love? We were younger, I thought to myself, we were too young to be in love.

Though what if it wasn't just skinny love? What if it was a relationship that was about to develop in the future? We were young before but what if it works out now? What if this is the right moment?

Questions drowned me and I couldn't find the moment to actually change to my pajamas and sleep. I was too deep in my own thoughts.

Grabbing my sweater and my phone, I hurriedly went outside. The cold wind hit me, making me wrap my jacket tighter around myself. I stood in the middle of the street, dialing the one person I've been thinking of this whole night.

"Jasmine?" He answered in the third ring.

"Look outside," I told him before I hang up.

A few seconds passed before Benjamin's head was seen in the window. When he saw me in the middle of the street freezing myself, he hurriedly grabbed me and made me go inside his room.

"What are you doing out there?" He asked as he closed his bedroom door quietly, his eyebrows scrunching into confusion.

I shrugged, "I can't sleep."

His eyes softened. "Me, neither."

"Can I use your clothes?" I asked randomly. Benjamin cocked his head in confusion as he blinked. "I used it before," I shrugged again.

I watched him gulp before he made his way to his dresser and gave me a simple white shirt. Turning, I took off my clothes except for my panty, already feeling the warmth in his room. I pulled his shirt over, since his shirt was big on my it reached to the half of my thigh.

I turned around and saw Benjamin looking down. I didn't care at all, my head's still thinking. I sat on his bed, grabbing a pillow and wrapped my arms around it.

"Is it okay if I turned on my music?" I asked. He nodded slowly before I turned the volume of my phone, music softly filling the room.

"What are you doing here?" Benjamin asked as he sat next to me. "It's past midnight."