Chapter 4 "The Master"

I buried my head on my folded arms waiting for my boss to enter her office. I received a text message from her last night, asking me what went down on her club in Manhattan last Friday night and she needs to see me first thing in the morning on Monday. So here I am inside her office burning time. Madison was also there with me, distancing herself away from me, sitting on a long couch near the door. Good riddance! We haven't spoken ever since that night, good thing we contained Sage or else Madison was a goner... After Sage's final set, we sneaked out of the club, trying to be so careful not to be seen by my cousin and her pouty lover. Of course, we checked in at her favorite luxurious hotel, the same floor and same room. Room 709. The next day, she told me to stay with her cause she has something planned for the day. We were picked up again by a black car going to a place called Palmer Mclaren Restaurant. The name sounded familiar to me and I can quite remember where I heard it. I'm sure I've seen it on a catalogue or something but—

My thoughts were cut off when I heard Carol entered. She sat on her office chair almost immediately. She looked so serious and was eyeing Madison.

Carol leaned forward placing her closed hands on her desk, "Madison,"

"Yeah?"

"Uh..." Carol cleared her throat, "Could you tell me what happened that night?"

I turned my head slightly ready to hear what she was going to say. Based on my peripheral vision, Madison was just staring back at Carol shrugging her shoulders. Typical! She always does this when she doesn't want to answer any questions. I got irritated and called her out, "If you're not going to say anything... I will!"

"I was drunk, okay?" She gestured her hand in frustration, "I didn't mean for it to happen... I swear."

"Oh really?" said Carol sarcastically, "Ever since I hired you here, you've been hitting on every girl that you see. Especially at my club. Remember Kristina's coming out party? You drugged her!"

"What?" I asked glaring at Madison. "You drugged my cousin?"

"It was accident! I didn't recognized her... I said I was sorry! And that was a long time ago. Geez! Give me a break!"

"Oh my God, Madison!" I returned from my sitting position placing my elbow on the arm rest with my hand on my forehead.

"Alright, alright..." said Carol thumping her hand on her desk, "I just want to know what happened from your point of view, okay?"

I was making faces while I shook my head, "Carol this is what happened, Madi here was drunk and started to be touchy-touchy but then I said no... so our DJ stepped in. She was just defending me. But Madison here was provoking her so—"

"Stop right there." Said Carol holding up both of her hands.

My eyebrow raised. Now what?

"Madison, do you know whom you're messing with?"

"No."

"Sage Montgomery is my investor, you idiot!"

"WHAT?" Madison and I both exclaimed.

How come Sage didn't tell me about this? Yeah, she's rich and stuff but I didn't know she was interested on investing with this kind of business. I thought she was more of a spender.

Carol sighed and gestured Madison to go out of her office, I was left there still figuring out Sage Montgomery. "So what about you, Rodriguez? What's your story with that rich sensual character that makes me question my sexuality? She's something, huh?" I watched Carol went from a dream like state floating through her imagination

I masked my expression with a blank stare, "Maybe I should just leave you alone... my cousin and I will be rehearsing on the third floor. I'll uh... see you later." I slowly stood up, walking backwards, disappearing from Carol's sight. Whew... That was a close one. Nobody must know. NOBODY. But then again, some of my colleagues might be wondering why I was acting like that around Sage. God! I can't behave the same way I did last Friday or else I will be surrounded by viscous eyes hindering me to get close to her. A lot of them wanted to be near our erogenous DJ.