Chapter Twenty-Seven - You Look Like Shit

Start from the beginning

There were a dozen or so of opened cans of red bull on his desk, with some on the side tables and a few more in the trash, along with several takeout containers. Guys had definitely been occupying this space.

Arturo's treadmill was out, and currently it was being used to hang his suit jacket while an extra pair of shoes sat on the machine itself, as if they'd been running Arturo's exercise regimen for him while he sat at his desk. Orlando and Silvio's clothes were rumpled, their ties on the backs of the chairs, and their shirt collars way open with their sleeves rolled up. That, and there were papers everywhere, some crumpled and others just tossed around. A mini windstorm could've come in here and it wouldn't have explained all of this.

Whatever they were working on, they were working hard.

"Is this an emergency?" Isla asked, still doing her best to keep from sounding worried.

"If it was, do you really think I would tell you about it?"

Orlando didn't come to Isla's defence this time. He looked too tired, but Silvio put on a soft, very strained smile. "Ignore him, sweet, he's cranky. We all are."

She glanced up at him. "No, it's all right. It's a good point, actually. It smells like a gym in here. And old takeout. You should at least have a shower, get someone to bring you all some clean clothes."

"I'll worry about my hygiene and my clothes if I have to meet a contact in person. Until then, I can get by like this while talking over the phone. And it's not an emergency. Not the kind that would shut down my business, anyway."

"Then what kind?"

He glowered at her. The fact that he looked so bad, so damned human and tired, made him look so much more scarier.

Orlando straightened the papers in his hands and tapped Silvio in the stomach with them "This sounds private. We should go."

Silvio looked to Arturo, and then to Isla, and then he shrugged. "Sure. I need that shower she just teased me with."

Isla hadn't meant to do that, but there wasn't much she could say about it now. The two brothers walked around her, and then were out the door.

Isla really wished she wasn't alone with Arturo when he continued to give her that look.

"Aren't you here to yell at me for embarrassing you? I would've thought you would've had a few calls from your parents by now."

Isla's spine went stiff as a steel rod, the reminder of her righteous anger coming back hard. "Yeah, about that," she said, trying to sound calm, but even to her own ears, that was coming out sounding a little more psychotic than it needed to, "why the hell would you do something like that? Because I told you to fuck off once and it hurt your goddamned precious pride you needed to let my mother and father and grandfather think I'm whoring myself out to you?"

"That kind of is what you're doing, isn't it?"

"That's not the damned point!" Isla snapped. She nearly through her phone at him, the one that she'd been clutching in her fist like a weapon. She needed her phone, so it was with a very thin thread of self control that she managed to hold that one back.

"That wasn't what we agreed to. You weren't supposed to do that to me. I never humiliated you in front of your damned family."

"I know, relax."

"Don't tell me to relax!"

"It was an accident, all right?" Arturo snapped.

Isla snapped her mouth shut. Stared hard at him, and then opened it again. "What are you talking about?"

Arrangement with a Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaire Brothers Book 1) COMPLETEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara