Do you hate love too? Chapter 14

Starting where we left off....................................................................................

After the uncomfortable scene before, I was finally sitting at a lunch table with Shane, discussing favorite authors and such. Who knew a hot guy could be so deep? One thing that bothered me though was that all of the girls able to be seen were batting their eyelashes at Shane, and attempting to be sexy. Unluckily for me, they were doing a good job at that. Even worse, Shane was winking at them back, making all of the girls stagger and go in their head "ooh, he likes me. Making we could make out sometime" or "Oh yay!" then faint. Either way is annoying.

"Uh, hey shane?" I asked.

"Uh huh?" He said while waving at a girl acting like a prince, which depending on his looks, he is.

"Could you stop that?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"And ruin all the fun? No way hosay!" Ugh. Guys.

"Well if you won't, I will." I took out a napkin from my bag and put it over his eyes so he couldn't wink anymore while holding his hand down so he couldn't wave. Although I seem weak, I'm stronger than you think.

"arrrrghh!" he held my arm with his free hand. " stop!!!!!! I promise I won't do it anymore!!" He laughed.

"I don't believe you!" I sang happily. This was the most fun I've had in years.

"Okay, pinky swear!" He held out his pinky. I stared at him.

"You STILL do pinky swears?" I put away the napkin and let go of his hand. "Well if you're that lame, you must be telling the truth. So what are you doing after school?" I asked. Oh, and by the way, while this was all happening, the girls who were batting their eyelashes at Shane were glaring holes through my brain.

"Nothing of course. Remember I just moved here. Duh!" He flicked my nose.

"Hey! Oh, whatever. How about we go to the mall and hang out at a place called Jane's? it has awesome dessert!" I thought of all of the fudge, ice cream, and cupcakes that I've been so excited about for weeks.

"okay, sure. What dessert do they have?" He looked as hungry for dessert as I was.

"It'll take too long to name them all, you'll see." I grinned.

I'm gonna skip the rest of school cuz who cares about that? :P

"Whoa, this place is big." Shane held his hands stretched out.

"I know, that was my reaction too when I first saw it." I grabbed Shane's hand and dragged him to Jane's.

As soon as we walked in, I felt a rush of happiness for being in Jane's for the first time. Yum, I smelled hot fudge and frosting from fresh-out-of-the-oven cupcakes, and could almost taste the goodness of ice cream because we were right next to the chocolate-flavoured-ice cream coming from a table of little kids. I dragged Shane into the line for food with me and waited about 10 minutes before we got to the front.

"I'll have a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting on top and sprinkles, and you?" I pointed to Shane. He wacked my hand away and said "I'll just have some chocolate ice cream".

We picked a table near the hot fudge and sat next to each other. I must've fell asleep because when I woke up to the sound of a ding and a "table 3", I was lying on Shane's lap and he was playing with my hair. "W-what the heck are you doing?!" I sat up and looked at him. I saw him blush.

"It's just you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you up, plus you looked a little uncomfortable resting your head on the chair back."

"Thanks. But why were you playing with my hair then?" I put my hands on my hips.

"I don't know, it's just you're hair's pretty." I blushed.

"thanks."

Just then I heard a painful yell telling us to get our food or else. We walked through the mall while eating. "So, whattya wanna do next? How about some shopping?" Shane agreed and we were on our way.

Sorry guys this was so late I was just super busy traveling everywhere and my b-day was last week and everything! Thanks though for still being my fan! :)