58. "Views From the Outside"

Chp58. "Views from the outside."

-------------------

-------------------

Austin's Point of View

My hands began to slowly travel from Cora's ass over to her back, upwards until finally reaching her hair. I took a fist full of it and pulled it backwards as her head also went back into that same motion. She hissed from the pain of her hair being pulled and her eyes shot open.

I still had Mia in my mind where she was meant to be out of already. I didn't waste anymore time in waiting and leaned in towards Cora once again. Only this time I got the opposite of what I had gotten the first try.

The softness yet fire I had saw earlier in her eyes had vanished. Leaving only a cold confused look. She raised her hands and placed them on my chest as she pushed me backwards away from her. That didn't really do much since compared to me, she was a feather.

I guess that her strength came from inside of her and not physically, and you could tell.

"What the actual fuck?" Cora snapped, shaking her head and cleaning her mouth with the back of her hand.

I hadn't bothered with replying though. In that moment, it was when it really sunk into me what I had just done. Made shit worse and now so much more complicated. Fuck, I didn't need this.

Still astounded by what I had just done, I took a few steps back myself and leaned onto a nearby counter. Actually getting through my head that shit like this wasn't the fucking answer.

"We have to tell Mia." I blurted out immediately.

Cora shook her head giving out an obvious sarcastic laugh, "I'm not telling her shit. You are."

"No." I shook my head at her. Walking to where she was I brought my hands and rested them on her shoulders, holding her in place for when I knew she'd just leave. I wanted Cora to listen for once.

"We have to tell her." I repeated.

"No." she fought back, grabbing my hands from her shoulders and dropping them, already beginning to walk away. "You started your mess, you're ending it."

"You kissed me back."

Before walking completely out of the room, Cora made sure I had heard her last comment. Saying, "I don't give a shit. You know it was nothing. Stop putting the blame on others for your own actions and pick up your balls."

I sighed and ran a hand through my face feeling myself cave into the exhaustion that was currently eating me. But she was right.

Fuck. I was such a fucking asshole. It was a no brainer to why I couldn't keep a girlfriend. And if I was in those positions of all the girls I fooled around with, I wouldve been glad to have been left. They seemed more like favors now.

I didn't have to for this shit again. I felt like my insides were twisting and I needed-- craved Mia more than anything. Its true when I've been told that it's hard to cure an addiction.

I didn't hesitate any much longer and pulled the car keys from my back pocket of my jeans and ran to the front door. I was fucking selfish for not letting her go, I really was.

And I was tired of my fucking flip flop feelings. Saying she was rather safer away from me when I know damn well, I won't be letting it happen.