Once Jaylee and her mother reached the alter, her mom kissed her cheek before she let Jaylee walk up with Luke. Luke grabbed Jaylee's hand and smiled. 

"I love you," He mouthed, and Jaylee smiled. 

"I love you too." She mouthed back, and Luke's smile grew wider. The pastor smiled at the two before he opened his Bible, and smiled at the rest of the people. 

"Love. When I say that word, what comes to mind? Is it the way someone looks at you, the caring hands of a parent, the protection of a sibling, or looking into someone's eyes, and knowing you want to spend the rest of your life with them?" The pastor smiled again before his eyes fell on Luke and Jaylee. "For me, love is all of the above. Love is unpredictable, love is explainable. It is passionate, it is gentle and kind, and love is finding that one person, and knowing you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Love is a ride, and we all should be ready to take it." 

The pastor smiled at Luke and Jaylee, and they glanced at each other and smiled. 

"But most of all-- as said in the Bible-- love is something that can be described in many ways. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says, 'Love is patient, love is kind, love does not insist on its own way. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.' Jaylee and Luke,  I hope you live by these words everyday as you face the world, hand in hand, for the rest of your lives." The pastor smiled once more before he opened his marriage book. "We will now do the vows." 

Luke grabbed Jaylee's hands and smiled at her. They faced each other, their smiles never fading. Just as the pastor was getting ready to speak, the sun shined a little brighter through the church windows, and Jaylee felt a sense of peace wash over her. She knew her dad and Sam were there, and they were happy. Luke gripped her hand and smiled, and she smiled back. 

"Do you, Jaylee Marie Collins, take Luke Robert Sullivan to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, through better, through worse, through richer, through poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

 Jaylee gazed into Luke's blue eyes and smiled.  "I do." 

"And do you, Luke Robert Sullivan, take Jaylee Marie Collins to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, through better, through worse, through richer, through poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do." They smiled at each other again, and the pastor smiled at both of them. 

"Then by the power vested in me and the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Luke smiled before his lips crashed into Jaylee's. The kiss was passionate, and just like their love, it was unpredictable, but Jaylee (as well as Luke), was ready to take the ride with Luke for the rest of her life. 

Cheers and applause erupted in the church, and they pulled away, smiling like crazy. Luke intertwined their hands, and they walked down the aisle together, followed by their wedding party. Luke and Jaylee hopped into the limo that was rented to them and rode to the wedding reception. When they were in, Luke smiled at Jaylee and kissed her again. He felt beyond lucky to have her as his forever. 

***

"Now we will have the maid of honor give her speech." Raelynn stood and Luke's dad handed her the microphone. She shot a smile at Luke and Jaylee before she faced the crowd. 

"Sam and I once debated over who was going to fall first. I said Jaylee, because I saw how much she liked Luke, but he swore up and down it would be Luke, because he was a guy and he just knew his thoughts were right. According to Luke, Sam was right. Damn army men and their perfect brains." Laughter rose from the crowd, and Luke laughed as he wrapped his arm around Jaylee. "It seems like just yesterday, Jaylee and Luke hated each other and couldn't care less if one or the other died."